Thread: Reptile Expo!

HerpDerp

Default Reptile Expo!

I'm going to a reptile expo this Sunday and I'm super excited since I've never been to one before! I have a list of supplies that I'll be getting and at the top of that list is a second WTF

I plan on quarantining it for at least 30 days and I'm hoping for a female (although I know I probably wont know for sure). So I'm trying to figure out what a good size to get would be so that after 30 days or so it will be safe to to put in with Glurmo. He's about 2 inches give or take. I'm guessing he's about a year old so his growing has slowed. So I really have no idea how fast a juvenile would grow. I don't want to have two tanks set up forever! So what's the minimum size I should get? I know growth depends on conditions so just assuming ideal conditions. Also, any good tips for picking out a healthy frog?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

You're gunna have an awesome time! I was at the Hamburg show last weekend and I had an absolute blast! Picked up a baby hognose, lol be prepared to take home more than what you have on that list of yours! Especially if you supper from "Herp Addiction" like the majority of us here!

Pluke

Default Re: Reptile Expo!

You going to the show in Bangor? If you are, check out MacsPoison booth.. very cool dude, always has a lot of frogs. Last time I went to the show he was at in Michigan he had a bunch of large White's tree frogs. I've bought two of my pacmans from him and they're doing great.

HerpDerp

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    You're gunna have an awesome time! I was at the Hamburg show last weekend and I had an absolute blast! Picked up a baby hognose, lol be prepared to take home more than what you have on that list of yours! Especially if you supper from "Herp Addiction" like the majority of us here!
    Thankfully I don't have the means to bring home anymore than what I plan to. If I had more spare tanks there would be a problem LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Pluke View Post
    You going to the show in Bangor? If you are, check out MacsPoison booth.. very cool dude, always has a lot of frogs. Last time I went to the show he was at in Michigan he had a bunch of large White's tree frogs. I've bought two of my pacmans from him and they're doing great.
    That'd be the one! This is great news for me! I was worried I might not find nice white's there. I'm really excited to get a nice fat, healthy frog!

Pluke

Glad to hear it, I hope you find the frog you're after. Bare in mind there is always a chance you won't get what you're after, but I think White's are common enough that you'll find one. Good luck.

Nationality
    [United States]

There's a show in Bangor PA?!? Oh man that's right on top of me! What day??

Pluke

Bangor, Maine. Haha, sorry to get your hopes up Bruce.

Nationality
    [United States]

:'( aww... Well now I'm all sad! Lol!!

HerpDerp

Wrong state LOL. You must get more expos in PA than I see up here? Maine is annoyingly strict about what's allowed in here. There's only a limited list of dart frogs and 4 other types of frogs allowed. Not to mention tarantulas aren't allowed and chameleons and tortoises have just become unrestricted as of last year. So reptile expos are kind of limited on what they can sell here. Oh and any species native to Maine is restricted so no grey tree frogs . I understand and appreciate the restrictions, but it's still frustrating.

Thread Information