Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saved him from petsmart today

gullah gullah

Default Saved him from petsmart today

Name:  IMAG0006.jpg
Views: 3422
Size:  55.4 KB they had him in a tiny kritter keeper inside of the tree frog tank on wood chips no water and large crickets in ther also made a big seen manager comes up talking bout oh its ok for them to live on wood chips so I grabbed a care sheet off the wall and made him and most of the employees look real dumb

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sublime

Default Re: Saved him from petsmart today

That's awesome gullah! Not awesome about the conditions prior to you bringing him home, but about making them look foolish. Have fun with him.

gullah gullah

Thanks I will hes real active and beastie when eating lol

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Yay! Another baby safe! Congrats! He's a cutie.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

i really dont get it. all the pet stores have care sheet that are pretty helpful, but no employee there seems to care to read it when it's just few steps away!

Nationality
    [United States]

Congrats! Glad you saved the little guy! He's a cutie. Sounds like he is settling right in. Unfortunately chain petstores are very irresponsible. They care about their bottom lines but not so much the care of the animals, particularly amphibians and reptiles. I saved my little Loki from pretty much the same conditions from Petsmart. Despite my pointing out the errors, the next two pacmans they got in were put in the same conditions. I had to ehem... educate them repeatedly before they listened. Took the manager down the aisles and pointed out exactly which products they should have been using. But congratulations on your new addition! Good luck!

Poly

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    Congrats! Glad you saved the little guy! He's a cutie. Sounds like he is settling right in. Unfortunately chain petstores are very irresponsible. They care about their bottom lines but not so much the care of the animals, particularly amphibians and reptiles. I saved my little Loki from pretty much the same conditions from Petsmart. Despite my pointing out the errors, the next two pacmans they got in were put in the same conditions. I had to ehem... educate them repeatedly before they listened. Took the manager down the aisles and pointed out exactly which products they should have been using. But congratulations on your new addition! Good luck!
    Whooo! Tell em' Griff!

Poly

Quote Originally Posted by gullah gullah View Post
Size:  55.4 KB they had him in a tiny kritter keeper inside of the tree frog tank on wood chips no water and large crickets in ther also made a big seen manager comes up talking bout oh its ok for them to live on wood chips so I grabbed a care sheet off the wall and made him and most of the employees look real dumb
    Congrats on saving the lil pac! lol, it's amazing how some people refuse to read!

Greenhorn

You really aren't "saving" or "rescuing" anything, the pet store is just going to order another frog to put in it's place, are you gonna rescue that frog too? Overall you are supporting a pet store that doesn't properly care for their animals only to put another animal at risk.

Camden

Quote Originally Posted by Greenhorn View Post
    You really aren't "saving" or "rescuing" anything, the pet store is just going to order another frog to put in it's place, are you gonna rescue that frog too? Overall you are supporting a pet store that doesn't properly care for their animals only to put another animal at risk.
    But thats one less frog, greenhorn. No one will EVER completely stop animal cruelty. You can only do so much to help.

Badger

It's better than nothing, one less animal that will probably die.

Greenhorn

Camden you are missing my point, it's not "one less frog" now another frog is going to suffer that same experience, by making the purchase you contribute to the problem, bottom line.

Greenhorn

Okay rather than letting one die in a pet shop let's let 10 suffer from animal cruelty so we can feel like we "saved" one. You really don't understand how you are contributing to the problem?

Poly

Okay rather than letting one die in a pet shop let's let 10 suffer from animal cruelty so we can feel like we "saved" one. You really don't understand how you are contributing to the problem?
    You can't stop animal cruelty, it's just one of the many problems of our modern day society.

Greenhorn

Yes but you can contribute to it, and "saving" an animal from a pet shop does just that, if no one buys it they won't stock it...

Nationality
    [United States]

T you agree?
    Hey that's enough. Everyone gets it. I've heard this speach as well. When ice flows through your veins then it is easier to walk away then to try and help save one life and then try to educate the sell to prevent those other ten from experiencing the same fate. Why don't you just let Camden feel content with what was accomplished and yes it was supporting that store but one person can make a difference like I did and maybe Camden will do the same. No need to rain on someones parade repeatedly. You stated your opinion and it should be left at that. Wouldny

Nationality
    [United States]

Wouldn't you agree?

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by gullah gullah View Post
    Gullah Gullah I think it is a good thing you have done and let no one tell you different.

Greenhorn

You can educate the seller and you should, this forum can also be used to educate the buyer

Nationality
    [United States]

You can educate the seller and you should, this forum can also be used to educate the buyer
    True which you have done by voicing your opinion. I do not disagree that it is supporting a store that promotes animal cruelty. Sadly its unwittingly. Half the staff at these stores wouldn't know a horned lizard from a horned frog. If just one person makes a difference in one of those chain stores then maybe it will spread to the rest of the chain. No way to know for sure, but a good thing was done no matter if it supported that store. We can alwys hope they'll change, but there is never a guarentee.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information