Thread: Pacific Chorus Frogs

TheMaskedMan

Default Pacific Chorus Frogs

2 of my male PCF are making a wierd sound.....doesnt sound like a regular croak. Sound like a gear grinding?......is this normal?...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Paul Rust

Default Re: Pacific Chorus Frog

Yes, they make a whole range of strange sounding guttural calls. It's those choppy gear grinding noises that mine do all night, they croak in the evening. No problem, they are normal.

4. This member thanks Paul Rust for this post:

TheMaskedMan

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Rust View Post
    Yes, they make a whole range of strange sounding guttural calls. It's those choppy gear grinding noises that mine do all night, they croak in the evening. No problem, they are normal.
    Ok, I was a bit surprised they would even croak at 6 months old. I thought they took about a year to mature, that was just a guess. One of them is now making a whistling sound sometimes.....maybe they are practicing until they get the croak right?

Paul Rust

They are very vocal and start making noises when only a few months old. Of course they sound like their croaker is broken

7. This member thanks Paul Rust for this post:

Greg M

I've noticed that males of many species start practicing their mating calls early . Certainly, I've had Pacific Chorus frogs, Woodhouse's toads, American toads, and even horned frogs start calling very early. Pacific chorus frogs are very vocal, though - I had one that really loved the vacuum cleaner and the Hockey Night in Canada announcers! Either one would set him off...

9. This member thanks Greg M for this post:

TheMaskedMan

They are very vocal and start making noises when only a few months old. Of course they sound like their croaker is broken

I feed them crickets, is there anything else I should be feeding them?...

Paul Rust

Default Re: Pacific Chorus Frogs

Crickets are the staple diet. I do throw a bunch of fruit flies in now and then as a treat.

TheMaskedMan

Default Re: Pacific Chorus Frogs

Crickets are the staple diet. I do throw a bunch of fruit flies in now and then as a treat.

Ok i used to feed them fruit flies when they were tiny frogs...I'll get some as a treat this week...thanks...

Jace

Quote Originally Posted by Greg M View Post
    I've noticed that males of many species start practicing their mating calls early . Certainly, I've had Pacific Chorus frogs, Woodhouse's toads, American toads, and even horned frogs start calling very early. Pacific chorus frogs are very vocal, though - I had one that really loved the vacuum cleaner and the Hockey Night in Canada announcers! Either one would set him off...
    Hockey Night in Canada?? That is awesome-I wonder if I can get Yoki going with that?? Right now he mostly squeaks when the Food Network is on!

Thread Information