Thread: Green Tree Frog ID Help Please

zoezakella

Default Green Tree Frog ID Help Please

Hi all, ok am just about to get some frogs to add to my ever growing amphibian collection and was hoping to get some Dendrobates azureus but have just been offered some rescue green tree frogs.

Now after researching these am I right in thinking the pictures I have been sent from a local reptile rescue centre are of an american tree frog / Hyla cinerea??

Any help would be much appreciated as I want to get the right species and if they are these I am thinking from what I have heard of their calls they are pretty loud and I already have a pretty fed up hubby with all my tanks and thinking these may well tip him over the edge as they will be in our lounge and our house is open plan lol

THANKS!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Green Tree Frog ID Help Please

Hi there, they look like Hyla cinerea to me. I have an album with some pics of mine if you want more comparison. I've also heard that they are pretty loud but have never heard one in person so I can't comment (mine has never called and they aren't native near me).

zoezakella

Hi there,

Thanks so much for that

I have decided to go with the Dendrobates azureus and have just bought 3 so will now be asking questions on their set up in the other section lol!!

Anyway thanks again for all your help!

Zoe

clownonfire

Quote Originally Posted by zoezakella View Post
    Hi there,

Thanks so much for that

I have decided to go with the Dendrobates azureus and have just bought 3 so will now be asking questions on their set up in the other section lol!!

Anyway thanks again for all your help!

Zoe
    As it should be Zoe! I would be too. And yes, Exo-Terra tanks keep good humidity and air circulation. For humidity though, add some glass on the mesh. Without glass, it's harder to keep the humidity in.

zoezakella

Quote Originally Posted by clownonfire View Post
    As it should be Zoe! I would be too. And yes, Exo- Terra tanks keep good humidity and air circulation. For humidity though, add some glass on the mesh. Without glass, it's harder to keep the humidity in.
    LOL no contest really These were what I originally wanted but some tree frogs turned up at a local centre and I am a sucker for a rescue but the centre got greedy and instead of asking for donations were charging £10 per frog and trying to get me to buy the small viv that came with them (6 frogs and 4 anoles in a 45 x 45 x 45 exo terra) I felt this was too small for all of these guys but then I am new to this.

Ah ha glass on top of mesh now I got you! Thanks again appreciate it!

clownonfire

Zoe, I totally posted this on the wrong thread. So very sorry.

Thread Information