Thread: new pacman owner!

manouela

Default new pacman owner!

hello everyone! yesterday i just got my pacman frog! i have read so many thing about it's care but i have one question. i have him( i don't know yet if is she or he) about 4 cm substrate and from the yesterday when i put him in his tank he has burrow and i have seen him only from the side that he is ok. i don't know it is ok to be so much time burrowed? yesterday he ate 2 crickets and today i put him 2 Waxworms in the tank and so now i left them in there, but he hasn;t come up.is he ok ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Murray of the Deep

Default Re: new pacman owner!

yes they normally dig in there they hide and at night they're active because their nocturnal pls dont do the same thing i did to my frog or yours would die if baby frog feed it everyother day only 1

manouela

Quote Originally Posted by jeromeetabuzo View Post
    yes they normally dig in there they hide and at night they're active because their nocturnal pls dont do the same thing i did to my frog or yours would die if baby frog feed it everyother day only 1
    ok thanks for the advise! and something else how i am gonna feed him if he is always burrowed? i must take him out or just leave him the food inside the tank?

Murray of the Deep

you can try just placing crickets or worm near him if he does not eat it you can try picking the cricket and worm and place it near your pacman frog's mouth or try tweezers and rub it in its lips till it eats it.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Hi manouela

It is perfectly normal for a Pacman to burrow all day and come out at night. when it is time to feed your Pac Just unbury his/her head so he/she can see the crickets and he/she. should come on out to eat. if you have a baby you should feed him/her daily. Be sure to dust his/her food with a reptile. multivitamin once a week and with a calcium supplement with Vitamin D3 every other feeding, but not with both at the same time in the same feeding
    Last edited by GrifTheGreat; April 22nd, 2012 at 10:30 AM.

pansie

lol grif, your autocorrects are hilarious today! <3

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by pansie View Post
    lol grif, your autocorrects are hilarious today! <3
    I know. It's sooooo annoying.

manouela

thank you so much everyone! soon i will post photos!

manouela

guys i need your help again! 2 days in a row and hasn't eat nothing. what to do? is it better to put him in a feeding box maybe? or he is stressed yet because of the new environment?tommorow i will buy crickets beacause until now i tried only waxwarm, but no interest!when i took him he ate only crickets.

Flumper

well when i first got my little bubba he didnt eat anything but superworms for like a week and i found out that it was a no no on my part but its all he would eat :P and it took 3 days for my pac to even eat when i first brought him home. Try getting some hornworms they are super healthy for growing frogs and mine goes nuts over them.

manouela

well i tried and put him in his box when i get him and feed him there and he ate like crazy! so he was hangry,so it is the new enviroment that cause him trouble?? also i want to ask if the water that i use for him, not only for his bawl, also for his humidity mustn't have chlorine?

pansie

dechlorinated all of the water that you use for him =)

pansie

and remember to use dechlorinated water to expand the coco fiber brick too! =)

Nationality
    [United States]

All water you use must be de-chlorinated. Hiking water/the water you use to expand his substrate and soaking dish. everything must be chemical free.

manouela

ok. i will do that emediatelly! the dechlorinators i can use are the same as for the aquarium or others ?

Nationality
    [United States]

Sometimes they won't eat if they are comfortable and burrowed in their substrate (mine is just that lazy). If he still won't eat in his regular enclosure, try uncovering him and misting him (or even sitting him in his water dish) right before feeding. This always seemed to make mine more alert and willing to move about when he was a baby... Now he just eats whatever walks in front of him.

manouela

Quote Originally Posted by manouela View Post
    ok. i will do that emediatelly! the dechlorinators i can use are the same as for the aquarium or others ?
    also are the minerals bottle ok to use this water??

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by manouela View Post
    also are the minerals bottle ok to use this water??
    If you use tap water you have go buy a water conditioner to treat it and remove chemicals. if you use bottled water it must be natural spring water.

Namio

Quote Originally Posted by Flumper View Post
    well when i first got my little bubba he didnt eat anything but superworms for like a week and i found out that it was a no no on my part but its all he would eat :P and it took 3 days for my pac to even eat when i first brought him home. Try getting some hornworms they are super healthy for growing frogs and mine goes nuts over them.
    When feeding the pacman with superworm, I would rip the head off so the two "pinchers" won't hurt the frog internally. Frogs are different with reptiles in terms of not killing its prey with chewing, instead they swallow their prey whole.

Thread Information