Thread: Pacman Frog Question that may give you a laugh

Metdude718

Default Pacman Frog Question that may give you a laugh

Hi again... and thanks for all the advice you have given me. As you know this is the first pacman I have owned, and I have done extensive research on the web and here. He is doing well, no issues.

Now... this may be crazy but........

I have his terraium next to my 10 gallon fish tank in the office. I have several type of fish in the tank (angels, tetras, gourmanis Pleco etc) I swear that my pacman at times stares in the tank. I have caught him at times out of his burrow, and litterly against the wall of his terraium, and it appears he is stareing at the tank! Even in his burrow, he at times turns and he is looking at the tank!!! my question is... is it possible??? and yes, he seems to love looking at the tank ( or he is considering it as future food!! LOL)

Thanks again to all!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Pharaoh

Default Re: Pacman Frog Question that may give you a laugh

Well I am certainly no expert when it comes to these frogs but this is what I think...

Im guessing he is considering the fish as a food source, and considering he is literally up against the side of his tank he could be getting stressed out no being able to get at them. Stress is no good for any animal but I would wait until someone who knows better than me to come along and advise you before you move any tanks around.

Metdude718

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    Well I am certainly no expert when it comes to these frogs but this is what I think...

Im guessing he is considering the fish as a food source, and considering he is literally up against the side of his tank he could be getting stressed out no being able to get at them. Stress is no good for any animal but I would wait until someone who knows better than me to come along and advise you before you move any tanks around.
    Well hope I didnt word it wrong... hes not pressed against the wall... but he does look at them...! Also he is on a great feeding schedule every other day... and has a great appetiate...I truely think he just loves to look at the tank... it has bubbles and all (Very clear water I may add... I know my aquariums LOL)

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

LOL of course he loves to stare at fish tank especially if it is good looking one, i do too
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Nationality
    [United States]

You should cover that side so that he can no longer see the fish. He is watching them because he is hoping that he is able to reach them and eat a fish. It will stress the frog.

Metdude718

OK covered that side... so he can no longer see the tank... hope that actually doesnt upset him.
    So I can tell it seems one of the most important thing is that the Pacman is not stressed.

Nationality
    [United States]

Mine used to stare at my snakes. She got used to them after about a week and lost interest, so I didn't have to change anything. Of course, fish are way more active so they're probably more interesting to watch.

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Pacman Frog Question that may give you a laugh

Yes, you must have a beautiful fish tank filled with delicious treats...or so he thinks. I'm glad you covered the side.

My big girl Tank watches my cat! Lol! She'll come right to the front glass at night and if the cats in the room she'll move her angle to see her. Kinda funny!

My little pac is only a few feet from my red eyes tank and he used to watch them. I turned his tank so the heat pad is on that side...mean mommy I am . It did not bother my red eyes but I'm sure their hopping around and croaking was enticing to him.this was awhile ago. He sleeps on the other side of the tank most of the time now and doesn't stare out. He also used to jump up against the glass and hit his head before I covered it. Fearless, lol! That stopped also.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Thread Information