Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Frogs from hamm!

Eel Noob

Default Re: New Frogs from hamm!

Here are the dwarfs we have around here for comparison.

http://www.frogforum.net/african-bul...-pictures.html

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Roidrage

Quote Originally Posted by Eel Noob View Post
    Here are the dwarfs we have around here for comparison.

http://www.frogforum.net/african-bul...-pictures.html

Thanks looked through and one is for sure a dwarf, im not 100% on the smaller lighter frog. Looks more lika giant i think, but his eyes is a bit "poppy"..

malepyxiefrog

Quote Originally Posted by Roidrage View Post
    Ok then i guess they are dwarfs, its only 2 frogs. Guess ill have to wait and feed them and see if the one with the less visibile stripe grows? To bad i bought them Adspersus then when it was that i looked for.
    Well heres my advice. Next time you feel that you want a pyxie frog look at them closely. I think that dwarfs usually have darker eyes, one yellow line, and lots of yellow under their neck. Also petstores don't know what they are talking about, unless they sell them as Giants which they are not because people don't want dwarfs. I believe that the one with the more yellow is the male, and I think that dwarfs grow big as giants but it just takes longer than usual.

Roidrage

Quote Originally Posted by malepyxiefrog View Post
    Well heres my advice. Next time you feel that you want a pyxie frog look at them closely. I think that dwarfs usually have darker eyes, one yellow line, and lots of yellow under their neck. Also petstores don't know what they are talking about, unless they sell them as Giants which they are not because people don't want dwarfs. I believe that the one with the more yellow is the male, and I think that dwarfs grow big as giants but it just takes longer than usual.

Okey thanks for the advice, it wasnt me who picked them up so they just went for big head and "Adspersus" as they said they where. I will not give up finding me a giant male finally i will get one.

does the dwarfs grow to get that big to? 6 inch?

Cheers / Stefan

spencerburgo

Okey thanks for the advice, it wasnt me who picked them up so they just went for big head and "Adspersus" as they said they where. I will not give up finding me a giant male finally i will get one.

Cheers / Stefan
    its a shame you can not trust some people, your freinds bought them in good faith its a chance you take when other people are buying for you,

cheers spencer............

malepyxiefrog

Cheers / Stefan
    HMMM. I am not sure, but there is a girl on her and youtube with a male dwarf. Her frogs name is Chuy, and the frog is like 5- 6 inches I believe. Also I think that she has a few pics of her frog.

Malachi

I have also heard of pet stores "getting rid of" dwarfs after they are informed they are mislabeled.

spencerburgo

this is what they should look like, here is a picture of one of my young males

cheers spencer...............

malepyxiefrog

Ask Jeff Kennedy if he still has some. I will get my first new male giant from him on Wed, and he will ship it on Tuesday.

Jeff Kennedy

Here's a 4 inch male for you to compare it to.

Deejay Mayweather

jeff kennedy...that is 100% female...lol

Jeff Kennedy

Here's a female for you DeeJay...

Eel Noob

Thumbs up Re: New Frogs from hamm!

Amazing photos Jeff, that's the best and cutest female picture I have ever seen.

EpicFrogMan

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay Mayweather View Post
    jeff kennedy...that is 100% female...lol
    more like 100% little male monster..

Eel Noob

Thumbs up Re: New Frogs from hamm!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kennedy View Post

Reminds me alot of Champ.

spencerburgo

who ate all the pies lol,

cheers spencer.............

Kevin1

Ok I should clear some stuff up. Malepyxiefrog, they call them dwarfs for a reason, on average they grow to be much smaller than adspersus no matter how old they are.
    Secondly, more importantly, These frogs, from my understand with the pyxicephalus guide some of us took part in, Appear to by what we now call true edulis. The species we've seen for years bred by the frog ranch are possibly a new species.

malepyxiefrog

Heh. That is the frog that I am getting too.

Roidrage

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin1 View Post
    Ok I should clear some stuff up. Malepyxiefrog, they call them dwarfs for a reason, on average they grow to be much smaller than adspersus no matter how old they are.
    Secondly, more importantly, These frogs, from my understand with the pyxicephalus guide some of us took part in, Appear to by what we now call true edulis. The species we've seen for years bred by the frog ranch are possibly a new species.

Thanks all for the pictures of males and info! Its good when discussions take place.

Looking at those true giants you posted they are reaal nice!

Are my frogs Edulis or ? I watch them late night yesterday man they can jump. Up and down in the water and so on, my dog was all messed up from the sound, active as hell.

Cheers // Stefan

Eel Noob

Thanks all for the pictures of males and info! Its good when discussions take place.

Looking at those true giants you posted they are reaal nice!

Are my frogs Edulis or ? I watch them late night yesterday man they can jump. Up and down in the water and so on, my dog was all messed up from the sound, active as hell.

Cheers // Stefan

I'll stick with my original post and guess that these could be undescribed subspecies.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information