I think my Woodhouse's toad might be constipated or impacted. Her anus looks like it is open (not tight) and there appears to be some liquid/mucus type stool coming out occasionally. Her butt is pointing up in the appearance like she is straining to push something out. She has become lethargic, dug herself into a little hole and has been refusing to eat anything. She hasn't had anything to eat since Thursday. I tried to get her to eat a superworm last night (Saturday) and she wasn't interested.
I've been reading some threads about using a honey bath. I wonder if I could use lactulose instead?
Or it could be related to me switching my swamp cooler over and the temp in the house has gone from warm and dry to cooler and a little more humid plus a cold front moved in last night. My house has been a lot chillier than in days past. But what is bothering me is the appearance of the anus. It almost looks like it is pointing straight back and open where as my other toad's looks like a tight sphincter and sitting underneath him. I don't know what to do. I will wait it out for a couple days and in the mean time look for a amphibian expert in the Albuquerque area. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.