Hello!

I am new to this forum so I am sorry if it is not in the right place....

My boyfriend currently has two African Clawed Frogs. He has had them for about 1.5-2ish years I believe. We finally were able to move in together about 6 months ago after I graduated (yay me!).

Recently, maybe over the last 3 days, I have noticed that one of them seems to be "puffy" looking. Almost like the Pillsbury Dough boy! At first I thought he/she was overweight and I just hadn't noticed but when I googled how much they should be eating I came upon bloat pictures which look eerily similar! The other ACF is doing well and I have no concerns for him. We feed a mix of frozen foods which include: bloodworms, brine shrimp, and rarely beefheart just as a treat. Most of the diet, I would say about 85%, is mainly bloodworms. Which now that I am reading about bloat, might actually have been caused by the bloodworms! I feel like a horrible person!

I am currently giving salt baths in a separate 10 gallon tank for 30-60 minutes a day... first one was today. I don't know what else to do or if some one could give me a possible chance of survival.

These are the current living conditions for the 2 ACF:
- 40g tank
- Sand substrate with driftwood, two caves, and come fake silk plants for decoration
- 3 large Apple Snails

Temporarily there are a few giant danios (WAY to big for them to eat or even put their mouth around) as I am moving their 210g tank to another location and my 55g temporary tank cracked in the moving process wah . All fish and snails are accounted for.

I am going to try and figure out how to post pictures if the attachments did not work!