Hi, I posted earlier today in the tree frog section looking for advice on mossy frog care. I've decided to get a pair and put them in a 18x18x24 exo terra. The idea is to create a background with cork bark, driftwood, foam and silicone. I'm fairly confident that I won't mess up that part. But the paludarium part is worrying me. I have thought of three ways to approach this.

1. Use light defuser, pvc and screen to raise up the back section and simply put the substrate over it. My concerns are that the frogs will swim under the island and get stuck.

2. Use cork bark, foam and aquarium sealant to form a wall separating the land and the water. This is the way I plan on doing it as I think it will look and work the best. My concerns are that the cork bark over time will break down and that for the remaining land section I will not be able to create a false bottom for the plants.

3.Simply mark out where I want my pond then build up gravel walls around it and put dirt on top. My concerns are that the substrate will become soggy and that the walls will collapse into the water.

what are your thoughts?