I have an adult, about 5 yrs old, wc, took in days after morphing into a toadlet, America Toad. He was one of 5, but is the only remaining
The ones that passed, more than 6 months ago, seemed to have obstructions and no other viable signs of illnesses or injuries, one was an injured toad i took him and suspect was much older. I now feed him outside his plantation soil filled tank to prevent any obstructions, so far so good
Since then I've taken in a toadlet, still too small to be in with him, and a juvenile toad, for companionship . I isolated the juvenile female, shes slightly smaller than he is, for a few months and she seems very healthy and thriving, he seemed a bit "blah", but is eat is eating and looked ok, so I introduced him into her tank, which is paper towel lined. About 2-3wks ago he seemed thin, lethargic and his color was off, but he's eating well(dusted, well fed, crickets). He shed 2 days ago and still seems thin, even though I'm feeding him plenty, still lethargic and weak and now has developed a few red spots on his belly and both front feet, I'm at a loss and wonder if the spots could be from sheding, injury or disease.
Ive include pics, any help, info, advice would be appreciated. ..I've got some medications...metronidazole, etc.