Hi All; I posted in this forum awhile back. I have a Gray American Tree Frog that started from a tadpole. I have had it as a frog since at least December. I have attempted to follow all of the instructions that were given me by the kind members in this forum, which includes adequate ventilation, fruit flies, calcium, water, etc. I have a nice porous fabric over the top of the enclosure, so I know that there is air exchange. I am using fruit flies from Josh's Frogs. I shake them with the calcium at least once a week. I don't mist, but there is a little bowl of water, and I see the frog get into and out of it almost every day. For a long time it just kept getting bigger, and the "tummy" (sorry for imprecise terminology) was nice and round. When I put the flies in the enclosure the frog would respond immediately, and would start to go after them. I remember my lesson on "poop" and I definitely saw it deposited on the glass and plants. I would hold the frog frequently - several times a week, and it was content to sit on my hand.

All of the sudden, though, there has been a big change. The "tummy" is no longer plump, and the frog doesn't show much interest when I introduce the flies. I am not seeing obvious signs of "poop," either. The frog also stays on the bottom of the enclosure, that is covered with a coconut substrate, instead of being on the glass or plants. If I pick it up, the frog still seems active, and will sit on my hand. In fact, if I hold it too long it will jump back into the enclosure. It just doesn't look "right" to me anymore. I don't know how else to describe it.

I saw one of the Gray American Tree Frogs outside the other day on my deck, and I kept going back and forth, inside to outside, comparing size, shape, etc., and I have decided my frog just doesn't look right.

I am wondering if anyone has suggestions for me, and what I should be trying or doing differently from what I am doing now.

I appreciate your help.

Furcat