I just aquired my first frog. I have a 10Gal aquarium, undertank heater on half of the tank with a 60watt red bulb above it. I keep half of the tank warmer than the other side and keep an average of 60-70F (Coolside) 75-85F(Warmside). I use coco loose substrate, I have a few grape branches and some fake viny leafy bunches on the walls but nothing setup for climbing yet and I have a few real bamboo plants in 3/4 of the corners. And ofcourse I have a small half circle hiding log wich is under the heating bulb with the undertank heater underneath of that.
From what I understand, other than the lack of hight in the terrarium, I have everything setup correctly to keep my little guy happy. We got his 3 days ago and he spends 98.99% of his time at the very top of the cage staring at the roof. He rarely is seen at the bottom of the tank but he is finaly eating now. I read that he eats 6 crickets a day but the (large) crickets that he eats are almost as big as he is is it true that he realy needs 6 a day?
So anyways my question other than the cricket consumption is: is this the correct setup for a treefrog like this? and is it normal for him to spend all day staring at the roof?