I have a Whites tree Frog, Delilah, and he (yes, he) has been very lethargic for about 2 weeks now and I am starting to get very worried. Delilah sits on either the bedding or very low decorations. He moves slowly and seems as though his rear legs are bothering him. He has not eaten in about 2 weeks as well. The only activity Delilah does is traveling to and from the water dish during the night. Visibly there is nothing wrong with him. Delilah has let me look him over closely, which is unusual in itself, because previously the whole neighborhood would have heard him fussing about it.

I have had Delilah for 2 1/2 years and prior to the past few weeks had a healthy appetite of crickets and meal worms, Was very active jumping and climbing continuously and would call on a regular basis. Delilah is housed in a 18x18x24 Exo Terra tank. 80-85*F during the day 70*F at night, 50-60% humidity, fresh clean water daily, tank is spot cleaned daily and thoroughly cleaned every other week, misted 1-2 times a day. Delilah has a Whites Tree Frog companion, Pickles, whom I got the same time as Delilah.

I would suspect parasites for Delilah, as I have seen them in Pickles' stool, however I have taken both frogs to the vet and had the stools tested. Delilah was negative and Pickles was negative for parasites, although they were visible the test showed the parasites were that of the food, not of the frog. I have since changed vendors for the crickets and am waiting to see if there is a difference. Both frog are now fed outside of the tank. Because of this both frogs are eating less (assumingly because the routine changed after 2 1/2 years).

My other thought for Delilah is that perhaps he got into mold. I had put a new plant decoration in the tank that has a wood base and I bleached the decoration first in a 3% bleach solution, rinsed well and air dried. However, after a few days of the decoration in the tank mold began to grow on the base. I took the plant out, but I do not know if Delilah got into it in the mean time (at this time it would have been unusual for Delilah to be on the bottom of the tank).

My only other guess would be calcium deficiency. I have dusted the crickets with calcium, probably not as often as I should have (maybe once a month), because of the new method of feeding them outside of the tank (not an excuse, I know). However the crickets are gut loaded with a calcium fortified diet. I have been giving Delilah 3 drops of liquid calcium orally for 4 days and have not seen any improvement. I have not yet called the vet regarding Delilah's lethargy, he is 1 1/2 hours away from my house. Please help. I need to make my little man better.