As a lot of you know, I just switched my Pyxie to an all water setup. It's been working wonderfully so far, and she has had a complete turn around in terms of appetite since switching from coco fiber. Not knocking the stuff, but for some reason it's was giving my girl some problems. I changed her to water and slowly but surely her appetite went through the roof! She would never eat night crawlers, but for some reason when I offer them in the water she gobbles them up. Not sure why this is, but it worked and I love how perky she is now. I plan on getting a bigger tank, with a small land zone, but almost all water. I feel this setup would work well with pacs too. I feel like they almost feel more secure in the water because they can move faster, and they can go under. There we're multiple times I caught my pac fully submerged when I approached his tank when I had the water/land setup to evade me lol. There are also a lot of benefits to water. Humidity for one is no longer and issue. Impaction is no longer an issue. Easier to monitor bowel movements. I think it may also make the frog more active, and encourages them to get off their fat *** for once haha. My pac was darting across the water sometimes it was hilarious. My pyxie actually chases her food now too which is fun to watch. She would never move when she was in the coco fiber for some reason and gave up. I don't know a whole lot about these frogs, but from what I've gathered they like to take shelter in small pools as well as dig into the forest floor. So who's to say that they wouldn't rather sit in a pool, then on the ground? I think offering land and water is key, but to me more water is the way to go. Obviously, this may not be the best for everyone's frog, but I do feel it's an underrated substrate type for these guys. It seems to be getting a little more common on here now, and I would like to hear everyone's opinion on this. This is not trying to say one setup is superior to the other, but to just shed some light on the matter. Let the debate begin!