Thread: Need help my white tree frog is not eating

babrass

Default Need help my white tree frog is not eating

I have a whites tree frog and about a month ago he seemed very sick. I have posted many things about this on this forum and nothing has helped. He has seemed relieved of his other symptoms but now he just won't eat and the tank and the water an temps all are perfect!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Need help my white tree frog is not eating

It sounds like you've tried enough things that the only course now is to take your frog to a vet.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

babrass

Yeah I live in Toledo Ohio and have no clue where to look or go. Also I am in school and do not have alot of money...will the vet cost alot?

Nationality
    [Brazil]
    Blog Entries

When one of my frogs doesn’t eat for a couple of days, I naturally freak; so I understand what you're going through. However, I have developed a trick to stimulate my frog’s interest in eating.

To get my frogs to eat, I take a small container, about half a gallon in size, and line the bottom with wet paper towels. I also add a small clump of moss in there (so the frog can hide and feel secure) and place the frog inside the container. I then add three or more crickets in the container with the frog, to get him interested in eating. I leave the frog in the container in a warm, quiet location for a couple of hours or even a day if need be. This trick usually works for my frogs, as the crickets have no place to really hide and the frog can get to the crickets easier without getting a mouth full of dirt. It is especially effective if I don’t hover over the container, make a lot of noise, or check on my frog every 5 minutes. Anyways, hope this helps!!

BG

I like your idea. I'm going to try it
    Quote Originally Posted by frogluver View Post
    When one of my frogs doesn’t eat for a couple of days, I naturally freak; so I understand what you're going through. However, I have developed a trick to stimulate my frog’s interest in eating.

To get my frogs to eat, I take a small container, about half a gallon in size, and line the bottom with wet paper towels. I also add a small clump of moss in there (so the frog can hide and feel secure) and place the frog inside the container. I then add three or more crickets in the container with the frog, to get him interested in eating. I leave the frog in the container in a warm, quiet location for a couple of hours or even a day if need be. This trick usually works for my frogs, as the crickets have no place to really hide and the frog can get to the crickets easier without getting a mouth full of dirt. It is especially effective if I don’t hover over the container, make a lot of noise, or check on my frog every 5 minutes. Anyways, hope this helps!!

Nationality
    [United States]

Just to be sure...what are the tank specs? Maybe you missed something.

Honestly, though, you sould see a vet if the frog has been this ill. Many times animals won't show any major signs of distress until it's too late to help them.

Google vets in your area, yellow pages, whatever, you'll find some. About the money, explain your situation to the vet and maybe you'll catch a break...

Start looking here: reptile vets toledo ohio - Google Search

GoodLuck.
    Azureus Matecho BYH Citronella Regina White's TF

Josh (aka jwthought81)

Thread Information