Thread: Pet Store Rant....

hyla

Default Pet Store Rant....

I just got home from getting feeder insects for my frog at the local mom and pop pet store. I have never been concerned about the care they provide for their many different types of animals bc usually everything seems in order when Im in there. Today however I came across a tiny five gallon aquarium directly next to the cash register with a dead frog skeleton in it stuck to a tree branch. I was like "Ummm....have you seen their is a decomposed frog in this tank?" The owner was like "No."He lifted off the lid, grabbed the carcass and threw it onto the counter at another worker and said, "Get rid of this." THEN, oh yes, there is more! I continue to search the tank and sigh when I see green treefrogs mixed with gray treefrogs and come across another dead green frog that hadnt decomposed yet. The entire lot of live frogs had these painful looking red lesions like burns on their skin. I was so angry! I immediately pointed it out to them and demanded someone take care of the situation. They just looked at me! I mean come on the tank was right next to the counter! I was there for two seconds and noticed it right away! How much time had it been since anyone cleaned that tank or even fed those frogs? If there were two dead puppies in a cage at a pet store you bet your *** someone would have that on the five oclock news and the place would be shut down. How sad. I know this behavior is widespread but I have never encountered it and I guess I just wanted some "hey that sucks" from everyone. Anyways, lets pray for the ones who do not have a voice. There are far too many. And I am going to follow up on Monday and see if anything was done about that. If not I am not giving them my business anymore.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Pet Store Rant....

That is terrible I have a habit of just grabbing my crickets and heading out because I'm so sensitive to that stuff. Good luck keeping up on them.
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

That is so sad
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Default Re: Pet Store Rant....

Can't you tell the ASPCA as I'm fairly certain they would listen and take action.

Thread Information