Thread: Accidental Cricket culturing update.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Accidental Cricket culturing update.

So I'm guessing that I have probably about a hundred little baby crickets in my zoo med terrarium. There are several different sizes. There are some that are about the size if not bigger than jimmies or doughnot sprinckles an many are small likethe size of a good sized fruit fly or knat. They seem to be doing well without any care at all except me replenishing the cricket quencher and replacing the old high calcium grain food with fresh about once a week. I see them crawling all over the grain munching on it and nibbling on the quencher. I think I remember John the forum founder posting about trying to raise them and having trouble separating the pen head sized one for his dart frogs. I can see now just how much trouble that would be if there were adults in with babies. Its strange how some of them are growing so much faster than the others. I'm pretty sure they all came from the same female and were laid all at the sam time. I hope soon I have my own little cricket farm to grow and use. Should save some money.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

demeteraurion

Default Re: Accidental Cricket culturing update.

Crickets really like heat, if you give them something warm they will probably start growing fast. All the crickets I put in Ruperts tank sit right against the heat mat. And when they could get on the plants, they would always sit directly under the lamp.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Accidental Cricket culturing update.

Yeah I was right there are over a hundred little crickets and they are growing pretty fast. I hope they fully mature so I. Won't have to purchase anymore from pet stores.

Thread Information