Hey everyone,
This is my first time posting here, but I've been lurking for awhile reading as much as I can, especially about pacman frogs. I think that I would like to get an albino pacman, but I would like to understand their lighting needs a little better first. I've read many different things about how much light is safe for them and it has gotten a bit confusing, so I thought I might as well ask.

From what I've gathered (please correct me if I have any of this wrong) they don't particularly -need- to have a light if the room they're in is bright enough to give them a good day/night cycle. I feel like my room is probably bright enough to give them a reasonable day/night cycle, but not quite bright enough for me to see my frog very well or have live plants. So, my main reason for wanting a light is kinda more for me than my frog I guess.

I've read about using blue lights, which I've personally never seen before. I'm assuming these are the proper blue lights? Zoo Med Daylight Blue Reptile Bulb at PETCO if so, do you think these would work well for viewing the frog and keeping some plants alive?

Alternatively, could I use a basic fluorescent aquarium light set on top of the screen top? If this would be a bad idea let me know, I only ask because I already have it and know it will keep plants alive. If the fluorescent is alright, is there any reason why I would need to replace the bulb every 6 months? I've read that several times while looking up lighting for frogs, and it seems kind of unnecessary..

Another thing I am wondering about is using red lights at night vs. using a heat mat for an albino frog. Are there any advantages/disadvantages to either of these?

I would really appreciate your thoughts and advice. I'm trying to get all this figured out now so I don't do anything wrong once I get my pacman.