Thread: Newby needing ideas.

swamprat681

Default Newby needing ideas.

Hi. My name is William. I have a 75 gallon show, a 72 gallon bowfront, two 40 gallon breeders, seven thirty gallonsthree 20L and a good assortmrment of tens and fifteens from my reptile days before my son. I am just getting into frogs and would like to hearsome ideas.thanks iin advance and hope to hear from everyone. Bye-bye for now and talk to you later.

Anyways, I have never owned frogs, but did have an extensive green and yellow anaconda groups, several species of monitors, tegus and a variety of other snakes and lizards. If any info is needed on things besides frogs I might be able to help, but overall I am here to learn about these cool little dudes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

swamprat681

Default Re: Newby needing ideas.

I have had experience with building vivariums. Though. My dad owns anhorticulture company. I get my ideas from some of the lanscaping he has done or I have done while working for him,

swamprat681

I have an idea for my seventy five. It will have a water feature but for aesthetic and splash back humidty only. My dad is looking up some vine styles for me to use, but it should turn out awesome. I will use ptthos and brumelia to culture along with three other plants and a loose fern moss to cover the rocks of the water feature. The plants will be planted osely and the moss will have full feature to it. Even some will go up the rock face I put in. It sounds funny right now but I have to wait until my GI Bill and disabilty gets amped up. Sreptember is the date. I will start posting it then. I think it will be nice.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

It sounds great! Can't wait to see pictures. That's a nice size tank to work with.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

That's a lot of tank space! I'm tempted to say you should start with some dart frogs, such as leucomelas. Don't mix species though!
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

swamprat681

I was aiming on leucomelas. The BR Zoo started breed ing them and have an overabundance of them now. I used to be a contact for escaped reptiles for them. Funny story. 10.5 foot burmese python slithering down the road across the river. Call all the zoos, snake showcasers and everyone. Three days later BR Zoo calls me. "Yeah. We were wrong. Our 10.5 foot python has escaped. We didn't notice when you first called."

swamprat681

I can show better than I can write up so I will post pics as I go along then iw ill write it out for ya after I am done. This is going to be a wild test flight for me.

BG

Welcome to the site brother. I'm happy you have frogs on your mind.We only live once so why not. Thats why I'm trying a little bit of everything. Let me ask you some thing. I have a timor monitor. His setup is a 65 gal tall .His has a water bowl. and a spot light .His temp is 85 and the sun spot is 100. Why does he have three dry spots on his back maybe you saw that in your time with repts

Thread Information