Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you domesticate a young wild toad?

Poly

Default Re: Yes!

Okay, so I am going to try a clip on light with a low wattage spot-light bulb shown at a log in the corner of the tank roughly covering 5 inches or so of tank for a few hours a day, sound good?

Thanks for the help!

Hey Pete, what is a " heat-resistant screen lid" and where can I buy one??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

nicodimus22

Something like this:

PETCO Heat Resistant Screen Top at PETCO

I got my stuff at Petco, but most chain pet stores should have them.

A couple notes of caution:

-Even a 50W bulb will get pretty hot, right at the bulb. Do not put it too close to the plastic edge of the aquarium top, or grab the lamp with your hand (just use the clamp as a handle.)
    -The filament in the spotlight bulbs is fragile. If you *PLUNK* the lamp down roughly, you will be replacing the bulb often, and they aren't cheap. I broke two bulbs within the first week, and now I'm super gentle with it.

Poly

The only pet-store I have in my town is Pet-Valu, I will have to call them tommorow to see if they carry them.

Thanks for all the info, any other tips & suggestions you guys have will help me a lot, I don't get into town a lot (I am roughlt 220kms from the nearest town, so we have to schedule our visits to town) so I like to have a good list of needed supplies before we do. Also, the guy I am getting my Pacman frog from is charging me 60$ for a green Pac, 65$ for a "golden brown" pac, and 125$ for a Ornate or Albino pac, are these good prices? What is the difference between a ornate and a albind pac? Thanks

nicodimus22

Since town is so far away, and an exchange would be difficult for you, I would physically measure the dimensions of the tank at home with a tape measure and make sure the screen lid you buy in the store is definitely at least that big. What do you do for your toad's water? If you can use spring water, that works, otherwise you might want to get some dechlorinating drops while you are in town too. No idea on the pacman stuff, but someone here should know.

Poly

Oh, okay, and we are on a well, so there is no chlorine in our water, I can't stand water with chorrine, it's discusting! Is well water fine for a toad?

nicodimus22

As far as I know it's fine, unless you are using a system that adds chemicals to the water before it comes out of your tap.

Poly

Nope! Our water comes straight form the ground.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information