Thread: Pacman and noise

Pokersnake

Default Pacman and noise

Over the last few nights, I've been woken up a few times by this strange chirping noise. The only thing I think it could be is my pacman. I wouldn't have expected it to start calling without me conditioning it for breeding... and it's only a few months old at best. I got it a month ago and it was 1" now it's around 2". Does this mean it's a male?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Pacman and noise

Yea i think you have a male i think my baby ornate start croaking last nite
    Ceratophyrs and African Bullfrog Keeper For Life

Baelari

Mine started chirping, then a week or two later, making squeaky toy frog noises. Now it's starting to sound more like the pacman frog noises in the youtube videos.

frogmike

yuh! Thats a male 4 sure. I got 3 in my room, and when they start to call back and forth it gets kinda loud. Usually around 2:30 a.m. I hear a few small croaks. Then they hear one another and start a contest to see ho can be the loudest. A few minutes in and 1 of my females starts to make a series of low grunts and proseeds to come out of her dirt blanket to hop around and bump the glas for a while. Its all music to my ears. Oh, and they wil start croaking uncontrollably when u play certain music some what loud.

Pokersnake

I'm going to take it as a compliment and a sign that he's happy and healthy. And if anyone was wondering, I have him successfully eating this stuff PacmanFood and he really seems to like it. So enthusiastic that he goes after my chopsticks even if there's no food attached.

Nationality
    [United States]

My big female likes to grunt when i uncover from the dirt or i touch my male likes to croak anytime of day but does it alot at nite time
    Ceratophyrs and African Bullfrog Keeper For Life

LizardMama

I've had my frog a month now, a few nights ago I was just lying on my bed listening to the crickets chirp (was right loud) when all of a sudden I heard a very distinct 'ribbit'. Freaked me out so bad I forgot I had a frog on the other side of the wall lol. It was my frog, no doubt about that.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Pokersnake View Post
    I'm going to take it as a compliment and a sign that he's happy and healthy. And if anyone was wondering, I have him successfully eating this stuff PacmanFood and he really seems to like it. So enthusiastic that he goes after my chopsticks even if there's no food attached.

I've never heard of this Pacman food. Is it any good? I checked out the site, but I'm not to sure about it. Kind of looks like they would almost choke on it since it becomes sort of a playdough like substance. It says no need for any other vitamins or nutrients. How long have you used it?

Thread Information