Thread: Digital Hyrdrometer

TP3D

Default Digital Hyrdrometer

Hey all,

Does anyone have any recommendations for an accurate digital hydrometer (perhaps one coupled with a thermometer)? I have been looking on Amazon and everything I see has terrible reviews. I'd love to know what everybody here uses in their setups, so if you have a preferred one post it here, thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Lacibeth

Default Re: Digital Hyrdrometer

I have a Zilla dual digital that I'm using now. I keep eyeballing the wireless ones at Lowes in large part b/c they're wireless. Humidity is one of those things you can learn to tell by eye, so ultimately a thermometer is the bigger necessity.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Hydrometer or Hygrometer? A hydrometer measures specific gravity/relative density of liquids. A hygrometer measures humidity.

If it is Hygrometer you are looking for, definitely skip the "pet" branded products. My personal opinion of those involves statements about biologically obscene activities involving goats...

I use hygrometers from a Tobacconists. Yes, that is correct, I use cigar humidor hygrometers. I find them to be less expensive and more reliable.

This link shows the brand I use, but I buy them locally:
    Cheap Humidors HygroSet Super Accurate Digital Hygrometer
    Watching FrogTV because it is better when someone else has to maintain the enclosure!

5. This member thanks SludgeMunkey for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Thanks Johnny, I din't know of the difference.
    I use the Zilla Dual Digital and for the most part its not bad. Temperature readings are accurate and the humidity readings work good but only read up to 90 percent.
    My Dart tanks usually are covered in condensation so I have not thought about changing but I may try your suggestion. We have a few cigar shops local so I may have to check one out.

Lacibeth

Quote Originally Posted by DonLisk View Post
    Thanks Johnny, I din't know of the difference.
    I use the Zilla Dual Digital and for the most part its not bad. Temperature readings are accurate and the humidity readings work good but only read up to 90 percent.
    My Dart tanks usually are covered in condensation so I have not thought about changing but I may try your suggestion. We have a few cigar shops local so I may have to check one out.
    Oh, hydrometers are pretty darned important too, just not necessarily to your amphibian. Hydrometers are used in determining alcohol content of adult beverages.

Thread Information