Thread: White's Tree frogs and earthworms

cgpetey21

Smile White's Tree frogs and earthworms

I got a pair of White's tree frogs yesterday and they LOVE their crickets. I would like them to eat a variety of foods, but I can't seem to get them interested in earthworms (red wigglers). I put them in a little dish, but the frogs don't seem to see them. The worms just crawl out of their dish and squirm down into the substrate, never to be seen again. Anyone have any tricks to get their frogs to eat the earthworms? Or ever just to keep from losing them in the substrate?

This is probably a bit of a dumb question. Thanks for your patience!

Sidenote: At what age do the frogs begin croaking? Mine are still young, about 1 3/4 inches long--so just wondering!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

into

Default Re: White's Tree frogs and earthworms

Quote Originally Posted by cgpetey21 View Post
    I can't seem to get them interested in earthworms (red wigglers).....

Sidenote: At what age do the frogs begin croaking? Mine are still young, about 1 3/4 inches long--so just wondering!
    Not to say that they won't eat the worms, but I tried to feed one of mine a superworm and he backed away from it.

Dumper my white's has been croaking since I got him... he was close to 2" from vent to snout when I got him.

Hannah Wilbanks

Groyne, my whites ate superworms when we first brought him home, but he hasn't since. I think the only reason he did was they weren't feeding them enough at the pet store. Be careful if you feed superworms though, they are high in chiten ( I think that is spelled right) and can be hard for a frog to pass. We had that problem, but luckly it turned out alright. I hadn't thought about trying any other kind of worm.

BJnMe

My Grey Tree Frog loves red worms. You might try hand feeding them it they don't try to hide.

I just dangle the worm in front of him and it disappears.

Emma B

I gave mine mealies in a dish for a while then tried worms, they seem to think their the same and gobble them up, if I lose too many in the substrate I give it a good soaking and they come to the surface giving the frogs a little naturalistic hunting time.

i fed my wtf wax worms. put 4 in a dish. he ate 2 in 4 hours. the other 2 died. he probably would have eaten them if they moved LOL. i was told wtf are not amazed by super worms. i also find videos on youtube of people feeding their wtf super worms so it may depend on your frog's personality and taste..i found however that buying just 1 or 2 is impossible so to see if your frog likes them you will need to risk some money. $3 at the pet store i go to for a container of 50. i say it's a learning experiance to dins out what other bugs besides crickets your frog may like and they will get variety in their diet.

maxQ

My (3) Whites will only eat Crickets and nothing else............but they seem happy. Heck I love Pizza and could eat it every night, LOL

Thread Information