Thread: A Glimmer of Hope,

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default A Glimmer of Hope,

Well to update alittle more on Grif. He pooped Thursday night and I took the feces to the vet to be tested. Initial tests for parasites came up negative, but the vet wants to take a closer look under a microscope. Also when I placed some crickets in Grif's enclosure last night I watched for a while and he snapped at one of the crickets that happened by his mouth, but he missed and didn't try again, but atleast he tried. I think he's haveing trouble with his toungh because it didn't really come out like it used to, but then again he might be alittle rusty at eating on his own since he hasn't for about 3 weeks. I got him out and fed him the soft food the vet gave me for him which by the way is a special soft dog and cat food with a lot of crude protein and crude fat and vitamins. Have to suck it up in a needleless seringe and squirt it in his mouth. He seems to like it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

demeteraurion

Default Re: A Glimmer of Hope,

Glad Grif is still doing ok. Rupert attempts to get crickets but he have very little success, he eats eco earth more than anything. Perhaps yours will be the only pacman frog to live on a non-insect diet, maybe he is a vegetarian, lol. I hope that isn't the case though.

Nationality
    [United States]

Lol! I hope not. I love Grif and I really want him to be back to his old self. The high protein vitamin cat/dog food I feed him is made of meat so that would definetly rule out the vegetarian frog. He atleast tried to get one though. Hopefully yhe more I feed him the stronger he'll become and be snatching up crickets left and right. He is the most friendly and loveable pacman I've ever seen. He talks to me with his popping noises and when he wants to return to his enclosure he hopes tward me and when I pick him up he kind of nuzzles in my hands but with his legs like he' burrowing not with his nose :-) does Rupert do any of those things?

demeteraurion

No, Rupert doesn't make any sounds or anything, makes me jealous! Lately though he seems to notice when I take the lid of his tank and he seems to be less fidgety when I have to pick him up. I hope he will become more friendly. He still isn't eating much though :/ And he doesn't burrow. You say your frog burrows with his nose or he nuzzles you with his nose? I've seen Rupert burrow before and he used his back legs and made a kind of hole. I'm tempted to get another pac just to see if it does any better.

Sprout

I hope Grif pulls through! Good luck

Nationality
    [United States]

Thanks Nadia. To Demeteraurion Grif doesn't nuzzle with his nose. The way he tries to burrow in my hands is like nuzzleing pacman style. He lays really low in my hands and tries to burrow in my hands alittle. He's never mean at all. I think Rupert will become more friendly as he gets used to you. I know they say not to handle them much , but I have handles Grif alittle more than I should. I always wash my hands before handling him. He doesn't usually mind it too much. He was about the size of a half dollar when I got him. Hes had a lot of time to get used to me. Rupert will come around though.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I'm glad things are going a little better. We had an iguana that got really sick and we syringe fed her baby food. We did that for maybe 3 weeks when she was on the verge of death. After that, she got much better and lived another 5 years. Hopefully he perks up and has a nice long life after this bout too.
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"

Thread Information