Thread: Article: Pacific Chorus Frog

Paul Rust

Default Article: Pacific Chorus Frog

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Jackiemsmith

Default Re: Article: Pacific Chorus Frog

This is such an informative article. It took me a while to figure out what kind of frog that we owned, but have figured out that they are Pacific Chorus Frogs. Found them in a mud puddle in Tehachapi, CA and they have grown into cute little frogs. I am wondering if it's ok to feed them mini mealworms?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jackie

LeviTheTiny

Thank You, This will help me and my Pacific Chorus Frog Levi. And you did a really good job on the article.

100+ Post Member Gnag the nameless's Avatar
    Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Man, my 2 male pacific chorus frogs are the little rascals of my amphibians. Croaking a riot, climbing and hopping about, these are some active frogs and are very funny to watch! One thing I really stress with these frogs is make sure you have a really secure lid. They're master escape artists, and I once forgot to tightly secure the lid. Well, before I knew it I spotted Chrome scaling the outside of my Juvenile bullfrogs tank, which is nearby my Chorus frogs tank, but you'll never guess where I found my other male: INSIDE the tank with my bullfrog! I'm lucky I saw him before my big bullfrog did, or someone could've ended up as Froggy dinner! Ever since that experience, I've been extra careful to make sure the lid for those little rascals tank is fitted on tight!

Liam Bain

can I have dragon gobys with these frogs

100+ Post Member Gnag the nameless's Avatar
    Nationality
    [Canada]

Quote Originally Posted by Liam Bain View Post
    can I have dragon gobys with these frogs
    Best not to mix species. It's just a bad idea, as the Goby's might harm the frogs. Mixing species also causes stress between the animals.
    My Amphibians:
    1.0.0 Rana Catesbiana (Bumpy Digtoad )
    1.0.0 Pseudacris Regilla (Levi )
    1.1.0 Ambystoma Macrodactylum (Urtham and Gargan )
    2.2.0 Bombina Orientalis ( Rosa, Sasha, Aleksis, and Dimitri )

Rest in Peace, Gnag the Nameless, Chrome, and Thermidor

MelissaL

Hi Paul, if you don't mind can I ask you a question? I have two PCF's one I believe is a female, the other a male. I have only had them a few months. They have a a small water feature, maybe 4" deep. Today I found a "blob" of something in the water. It looks white. I have googled what their egg sacs look like, and this does not appear to be an egg sac. There are two rocks in the water, but this blob is just floating in there. Should I be worried? Thanks for your help.
    Melissa

Liam Bain

Also,Can I use those decrotive repto filters for these guys.I don't wan't them egetting in the opening at the top.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Just wondering how ling these guys live, 5-10 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnag the nameless View Post
    Man, my 2 male pacific chorus frogs are the little rascals of my amphibians. Croaking a riot, climbing and hopping about, these are some active frogs and are very funny to watch! One thing I really stress with these frogs is make sure you have a really secure lid. They're master escape artists, and I once forgot to tightly secure the lid. Well, before I knew it I spotted Chrome scaling the outside of my Juvenile bullfrogs tank, which is nearby my Chorus frogs tank, but you'll never guess where I found my other male: INSIDE the tank with my bullfrog! I'm lucky I saw him before my big bullfrog did, or someone could've ended up as Froggy dinner! Ever since that experience, I've been extra careful to make sure the lid for those little rascals tank is fitted on tight!
    You definetly need a tight fitting lid for these, they can be major escape artists. But my female actually isn't to jumpy and doesn't try to escape very often unless I put food in with the lid partially off then she freaks out lol.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Strider18 View Post
    You definetly need a tight fitting lid for these, they can be major escape artists. But my female actually isn't to jumpy and doesn't try to escape very often unless I put food in with the lid partially off then she freaks out lol.
    I've noticed the same with mine. As soon as I open the lid they're ready to make a run for it.

I have a question for you all. I have two PCF's one is about three weeks out of the water, and the other is only three days out. How soon will I be able to tell if they are male or female?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AbranV View Post
    I've noticed the same with mine. As soon as I open the lid they're ready to make a run for it.

I have a question for you all. I have two PCF's one is about three weeks out of the water, and the other is only three days out. How soon will I be able to tell if they are male or female?

Thanks
    Not sure when you will be able to tell, the males start to call when theya re pretty young if I recall correctly. Either way I hope you get one of each!

Thread Information