Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Gray Tree Frog Care and Breeding

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Article: Gray Tree Frog Care and Breeding

Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

kteacher

Thankyou so much for the information. They look just like your picture of the gray tree frog. I need to go to petco and get some crickets. Right now they are in an enclosed plastic container with grass, leaves and water. I sprinkled some fish food into the container.

BG

Default Re: Article: Gray Tree Frog Care and Breeding

They like live food. They need small crickets. You can feed the crickets fish food,and gut load them so the nutrients go into the frog once the eaten the crickets.

esteve59

What more could I ask for,,,,,,thanks for an extreemly informative article.,..

KingCam

Fantastic guide! I'm all geared up to breed my grey's this spring

jubilee

Great article! Does anyone know of any breeders? I'm very interested in these guys.

Good info my female grey tree frog of almost 8 years of age named lichen is summaler to this she often licks my fingers. I just put a male in is it bad to have a male for a few days? I want to watch the behavior of the male. First of all he is very Loud so I put the tererium on my pourch. They started to mate and I haven't gone through the cooling sycle. Will they have Babies?

RobertandAliscia Garza

LOVE this site. Thank you so much.

berdiesandfrogs

i have 10 grey tree frog frog-lets and might keep a few, how many do you recommend keeping in a 30-40 gallon tank?

Frogmann1986

Very very helpful. I have a male and female along with a male Green tree. I am currently in set up because I recently bought the Green and needed to find the right care for each. My two grey though I raised since tads. The male is skinny and I need to figure how to make him right before he dies.

PooOnShu

I have some tadpoles (soon-to-be froglets. 2 of them have all 4 legs.) in an aquarium right now that I caught out of the swimming pool. I have an 18" x 36" x 36" on order. How many do you think I could keep through to adulthood in the terrarium?

PooOnShu

Update: I now have one that has resorbed its tail (little bugger did so overnight. I didn't know it happened that fast) and climbed out of the water, and 2 others who are climbing out but still have most of their tails.

Charlotte Benedict

Quote Originally Posted by jubilee View Post
    Great article! Does anyone know of any breeders? I'm very interested in these guys.
    I am raising a bunch of gray tree frog tadpoles. Email me if you are interested,

Shaymac620

Quote Originally Posted by PooOnShu View Post
    Update: I now have one that has resorbed its tail (little bugger did so overnight. I didn't know it happened that fast) and climbed out of the water, and 2 others who are climbing out but still have most of their tails.
    I couldn't believe how fast that happened too! One day I checked on my tadpole and he only had the back legs. The very next day he had two fully grown front legs!

Nationality
    [United States]

Every so often I find myself looking for information on my 7 H.c. but always return to this Info Sheet. I am amazed by the amount of misinformation "out there" on the Internet and find comfort in your "right on" topic solutions to any problem I might have with my little grey friends (not just other little old ladies.)

frogs2011

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte Benedict View Post
    I am raising a bunch of gray tree frog tadpoles. Email me if you are interested,
    I have one gray tree frog and would like to get another as a friend for mine. He is in the terrarium with 3 other frogs. where are you located or how would I be able to get one? thanks.

frogs2011

I have a gray tree frog. I believe he is a male. I wanted to know if he should go through the cycling even if I don't plan on him breeding? Thanks.

oneilsfrogs

Quote Originally Posted by Shaymac620 View Post
    I couldn't believe how fast that happened too! One day I checked on my tadpole and he only had the back legs. The very next day he had two fully grown front legs!
    Now I don't feel so bad as mine did the same thing practically over night.

fido

Very nice article!

Chelspaz

LOVE this article. The "grays" have definitely pulled at my heart strings. They have the cutest faces and the most awesome patterns. I can't wait until my froglets get full grown!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information