Thread: Chytrid/Lamisil Treatment

demeteraurion

Default Chytrid/Lamisil Treatment

Last night I begun Lamisil treatments for Chytrid fungus on my albino pac. His behaviour has been very strange lately and most of his symptoms seemed to point to Chytrid. There are some discoloration spots on his skin, although it could be an organ inside him. He has some shedding near his feet, he wont burrow just sits out, and he has been keeping his back feet out a little rather than tucking them under. He also wont eat, and the last thing he had was a chunk of an earthworm. He also flips over constantly but I think its mostly to do with being scared as it usually happens when I open the lid or spray him.

I just did the second day bath and there was a little bit of shed in the water which is a good sign. I really hate having to keep him in a quarantine bin with paper towels but I think its for the best. I'm going to post some updates as the treatment persists.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Chytrid/Lamisil Treatment

I hope your diagnosis is correct. It's nearly impossible to diagnose chytrid without sending a sample from the frog's skin surface off to a lab.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

demeteraurion

Well I know you aren't supposed to treat it unless you're sure about it but he seems more alert since having the baths and I've heard of some owners doing so to new frogs or as preventive.

Nationality
    [United States]

Your frog shouldnt be on dirty well being treated for crtyid that what i heard your frog tank should be clean a bleach solution and the frog should be on papertowel

demeteraurion

Don't quite understand your comment but, I clean all his box and supplies with a bleach/water solution after each bath and change his paper towels daily and his water twice a day. I use eco earth in his normal tank which isnt in use right, but I cleaned it once with Wipe Out 1 already. Idk if Wipe Out kills the fungus tho..

Nationality
    [United States]

Nevermind your doing it rite

demeteraurion

Just an update on Rupert. This is his 6th day of treatment and he has been rejecting food since today, he ate a worm happily so he must be improving.

demeteraurion

Well Rupert's treatment is complete and he's finally back in his tank with some ecoearth
    He's eating with my help but I still find him flipped over laying on his back. I'm beginning to think he's just clumsy and can't move well. His back legs seem a little weird too, but I don't suspect redleg. At this point I'm stumped :/ He also doesn't burrow, he just hops around his tank, flips over and I have to flip him over.

Hmm, just did a little research and Rupert may have MBD. I do have a Calcium/Vitamin powder but he has been eating so little that I haven't got to use it much. It's also hard to use on the nightcrawlers because they are so moist and they die very quickly after I get them ready. Any advice?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

I was just reading about MBD the other day. One of the things they can do is calcium injections at the vet. If you suspect that, I would get him to the vet to get looked at...sounds like there might be a few things going on here.
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"

demeteraurion

Little update on Rupert, I fed him an almost whole worm yesterday and he seemed to fatten up immediately. I also used an eye dropper to ensure some calcium/vitamins got into his belly. Since he has ate he has flipped over very few times. I'm starting to think he was flipping because he was so thin! When he would try to hop, he would be too light. Now that he's plumper he is moving around better, strange! I also just got my dubia roaches today, he tried to eat one but gave up after a few tries. Looks like he will be okay though

Thread Information