Thread: I stopped feeding my pacman crickets?

Akai Ika

Default I stopped feeding my pacman crickets?

So I stopped feeding my pacman crickets because, frankly, it sucks at hunting. The crickets seem to dig, or just head straight on over to the side of the tank where my heat mat is and chill there; leaving my frog hungry. I decided to just feed it an all superworm diet because they move enough for my frog to see it and they stay in one place. I gutload the worms and still cover them in vitamins and calcium. So far my frog looks content(in its own froggy way). Is this okay? I just feed him 1 superworm every other day and two on mondays. he's a juvenile so its okay to feed him this often? Pacmans eat alot anyways, so this is like the equivalent to 5 crickets?

oh nd the superworms are really skinny and about 2 inches long and are a tan color. smaller than what this other store sells mealworms. got them at petsmart tho :P

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: I stopped feeding my pacman crickets?

Superworms and their mealworm relatives are not nutritionally balanced to be a staple food for frogs. As a treat food sure, but not a stable. If I were you I'd try feeding your frog with earthworms in a water dish (put the frog in a small shallow water dish, let it calm down for a few minutes, and then try giving it earthworms from a forceps, and/or drop them in the water).
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Akai Ika

ohkay, where do i get earthworms? are the ones from walmart safe? can i buy it fom walmart, because I'm 16, and they turned me down when i needed to buy paintballs...

demeteraurion

You can buy earthworms from walmart no problem, they also sell crickets for much cheaper than petco. I don't know if there safe though, I use them but my pets dont like them. I just ordered dubia roaches, they are easy to breed and should be easier for pacmans to hunt because they move slow.

Nationality
    [United States]

Mine sucked at hunting as a juvenile too. I just plucked the hopping legs off his crickets so they couldn't run away as quickly.. I'm ordering dubia roaches too! Never used them before so I hope Trevor likes them.

demeteraurion

Quote Originally Posted by DVirginiana View Post
    Mine sucked at hunting as a juvenile too. I just plucked the hopping legs off his crickets so they couldn't run away as quickly.. I'm ordering dubia roaches too! Never used them before so I hope Trevor likes them.
    I pluck the legs off mine as well, frogs tend not to digest them well. I'm excited to get my dubias My crested gecko is going to love them, and hopefully they'll entice my pacman into finally eating something.

Thread Information