Thread: Hope to learn alot!!

hotnickles96

Default Hope to learn alot!!

Hey everyone! My name is josh and I'm looking into the possibility of getting some dart frogs. I figured I would take it slow and enjoy preparing everything and learning everything that I would need to know.

I was hoping to use a 20 gallon long aquarium that I currently have. However, I do also own a small ten gallon. It seems that many people use this 10 gallon vertically so that may also be a viable option.

Can't wait to get started learning and building this new vivarium.
    Does anyone have any pics of a planted 20 gallon long? Doesn't seem like many people use this one.

Thanks for any info anyone may give. Hope to learn a lot!!

bshmerlie

Default Re: Hope to learn alot!!

Welcome to the forum Josh. I have a 20 long in my photo album that I use for some baby Azureus. Its not really anything to write home about because its kind of a temporary tank for them until I get the time to finish up a couple of 18 cubes that I have in the works. Im not a big fan of the 20 long simply because its not really tall enough to do anything creative on the background. Although I would recommend it over a ten gallon. Most of your beginner darts are terrestrial and would use the extra length. You could use the ten gallon on a pair of small thumbnails, but I wouldn't recommend them as a first dart. Do some research on which kind of frogs you would like to get and we can go from there.

Thread Information