Thread: Twins, well not anymore...

pyxieBob

Default Twins, well not anymore...

Hi guys, I have 2 Adspersus. Iv had them for abt 2 months now. When I got them they showed slight difference in size and coloration. I have been hoping i have a male female set. I am thinking that I do because they are so different looking at this age already. Both are infact Adspersus, not Dwarfs. ''Webby'' seems to be a bit smaller and not as brilliantly colored as per usual w females. And Doofus is more green, and considerably bigger, with a nice wide head. There is just a tiny hint of yellow/orange by his armpits. Take a look at the pics and see what you think for sexing at this point. Webby is my ''assumed'' female and Doofus is the "assumed" male. They are kept exactly the same and fed exactly the same also. Thanks for your input guys! Cant wait to see what you think (PS... Doofus dsnt look much bigger in these pics, but he is prob a good 30% larger than Webby
    Attached Images Attached Images     

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Twins, well not anymore...

From those photos I can't see anything that would tell me either way. I think you're jumping the gun. Every frog is different.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

pyxieBob

Very true John. My assumption is just purely a guess. Just seems funny how they look quite different. But none the less you are correct, and they are still very young. I just wanted to see if someone saw something this early that i cant see. Thanks for responding

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    From those photos I can't see anything that would tell me either way. I think you're jumping the gun. Every frog is different.

BG

Bobby dont feal bad i have the same issue one is smaller and looks like a female to me from the other they both can eat 7 adult male dubias though.Ity must be a mind thing like John says lol

Thread Information