Thread: Dumper & Jade together

into

Default Dumper & Jade together

Just wanted to share a couple pictures of Dumper and Jade. I decided to unite them in one tank a few days ago because Jade seemed miserable were she(or he) was.

Now I know they are not social, but do they learn from each other or copy each other? Jade spent a couple days attempting to get out... she would spend time digging at the screen, changing positions, digging again, moving to the other ventilation area and digging at the screen there. I kind of expected this as he/she wants to be out all the time. But what I found weird was that Dumper one night seemed to be helping! Jade was up top digging and trying to push her head through the screen and Dumper came up and started digging at it too. He never goes to the back of the tank. One night after Jade gave up digging in the other top corner, Dumper went up and gave it a shot. She's a bad influence.

The first night I put Jade in the tank to see how they react together, she immediately climbed down and put her head on Dumper's. He wasn't having that and dived off his favorite ledge. They have since crossed paths a few times, usually to just walk over top of the other, but when the lights are out and the laptop is on, they are both together watching me work. (see picture below)

I'm ordering a Zoo Med XL terriarium (18x18x24) this week for them and hopefully if work slows down in the next week, I can get them both to the vet for check ups.

they look like they are holding hands in the first picture...
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

BJnMe

Default Re: Dumper & Jade together

Too cool!

into

He's backwards!

I just looked over and this is what I saw...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Love it will, they be happy together in the 18w 18l 24t

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Hi Chris, Glad to see them together. Its nice that they have each others company. They do make a great couple. I really like Dumpers colour. Do you think that Dumper is getting ready for Amplexing, but is alittle confused?. If Dumper has the black nuptail pads then it could be possible that he's testing the water so to speak. That also would make sense why Jade was croaking. I've noticed in the past when my Females and Males being introduced for the first time around breeding time, that they do act in that way. He climbs on, she croaks, he gets off and that can go on fo a while. Love your pic and thanks for the update.

Thread Information