Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Help!FBT is sick!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    artes
    Guest

    Default Re: Help!FBT is sick!

    I wouldn't inject anything into a sick froggie without it seeing a vet just in case.

  2. #2
    Moderator LilyPad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Nationality
    [United States]
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,445
    Blog Entries
    8
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

    Default Re: Help!FBT is sick!

    I wouldn't either. It still sounds like impaction to me. Otherwise it could be fungal, parasitic or bacterial infections. Whatever it is, all of those things take different medications and should be monitored by a vet. Have you tried feeding him yet? If he is refusing to eat, I would definitely get him looked at by a vet. How is his color?

    On a side note, even when you have 4 frogs, it is best to watch what they are eating so that when stuff like this happens you have a better idea of what is going on. I think it is very important to keep careful watch on their feeding habits, that way you can see if they accidentally ingest something they shouldn't (like a stone or moss or something) I have 3 frogs in one tank and 1 in the other right now, in the tank with 3 frogs, I take them out individually every other night and feed them separately in a critter keeper so that I can make sure they each get their fair share. Otherwise I put the crickets in the tank and watch them carefully to make sure they're all eating and they don't pick up anything they shouldnt.
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

    0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"



  3. #3
    MilitaryBrat
    Guest

    Default Re: Help!FBT is sick!

    Taking him to the vet right now isn't even an option. :/
    I don't have any money to take him and no I haven't fed him yet.
    I went to the pet store but they said ther out of crickets until tomorrow around noontime so i'll go get them then.

    And thanks for the tip about feeding them lilypad.
    I've always worried about them not getting enough food so i'm gonna start feeding them separately now.

  4. #4
    Baelari
    Guest

    Default Re: Help!FBT is sick!

    If he's sick, he should be in a quarantine tank to reduce the chance of your other frogs catching it. This will also ensure he won't get shoved aside at the dinner table.

  5. #5
    MilitaryBrat
    Guest

    Default Re: Help!FBT is sick!

    Yeah I have it in a separate tank.

  6. #6
    Founder John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Location
    United States
    Age
    49
    Posts
    5,963
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

    Default Re: Help!FBT is sick!

    You could try soaking it in the salt solution - it won't do any harm. However, I think you're firmly in vet territory now .
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

  7. #7
    MilitaryBrat
    Guest

    Default Re: Help!FBT is sick!

    Now he has something white sticking out of his butt.
    Anyone know what that is???

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. NO NO NO!!! Another sick red-eye
    By LIZZIE82 in forum Tree Frogs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: May 20th, 2011, 08:21 AM
  2. Sick FBT...not sure what to do...
    By tlf3971 in forum Fire Belly Toads (Bombina)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 10th, 2011, 12:58 PM
  3. Sick FBT
    By augie in forum Fire Belly Toads (Bombina)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: April 11th, 2011, 01:00 AM
  4. Other ACF sick
    By Dejavudoo in forum Aquatic Clawed Frogs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: November 30th, 2010, 08:44 PM
  5. Sick frog please help.
    By klillyfrog77 in forum Frogs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 9th, 2010, 09:13 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •