Thread: Hello everyone

Frogmommie81

Smile Hello everyone

Hello everyone

My name is Roberta, I am new to this site. I am the mommie of toads, bullfrogs, and also tree frogs. I have always enjoyed catching frogs sence i was a little girl. Now that I am older and have decided to actually keep them, I was hopeing that maybe I could get some advice on feeding them, I pretty much know what they eat, really just need to know how often i should feed them, and how much food each feeding. I feed them every day, Am i feeding them too much?

I hope everyone is having a wonderfull day!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Hello everyone

I have tree frogs and I feed them crickets daily. I dust every 2-3 days with the reptical. I have 3 females though and I have to watch how much I feed them, they are gluttons and will eat as much as they can as fast as they can!
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"

3. This member thanks LilyPad for this post:

Kurt

Welcome aboard. Feeding frequency depends upon the size, age, and species of the frog.

5. This member thanks Kurt for this post:

Frogmommie81

I have tree frogs, about an inch in size, a couple of them are a tad bigger but not much. The toads are 2-3 inches in size, and the bull frogs are 4-5 inches in size. I really do not know the age of them because I just recently got them all. All of my toads seem to have an enormous appatite, but the bullfrogs, and tree frogs don't seem to want to eat very much at all.

Fae

What kind of toads and tree frogs? You aren't mixing species are you? That's a no no.

Frogmommie81

No, I have Green tree frogs, normal american toads and also american bullfrogs. I also keep the tree forgs toads and bullfrogs all in their own spaces. if you go onto my page u will see the pics of each kind that I have.

Thread Information