Thread: They keep trying to escape!!!

LIZZIE82

Default They keep trying to escape!!!

I posted last night about my AGTF that escaped. Well, tonight I was dropping in some crickets and almost lost another one! What is wrong with these guys?? They have a lovely home and should be grateful! Anyways, when I drop the crickets in, I use the bag from the petstore and the screen is barely open a half inch. I haven't changed the water since I know I will have an escapee. Any other suggestions for cleaning and water changing?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: They keep trying to escape!!!

If they're new pets then they may be taking time to adjust to captivity. Mine never try to escape, but they were very jumpy for their first few months in captivity. It's important to remember that Gray Tree Frogs in the US are all wild caught animals, so it takes them a while to get over their fear of potential predators and confinement.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Kurt

Add more foliage, that will help calm them down. I assume they are new frogs. Given time they will calm down and will be less likely to freak out every time you need to go into their home.

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I just realised that AGTF could mean Green Tree Frog as well. What I said in my post still applies equally correctly though.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

LIZZIE82

They have three large plants, a bromeliad, pothos and a zebra something. Then, I have hills that I formed with hydro balls and substrate. I have that covered in the moss that continues to grow....on the side and back of the aquarium I have a background of leaves. They are content as can be and I never really see them trying to get out or anything...it's only when I move that screen they want to be escape artists.

Also, the one that got out yesterday I've had for almost 5 months. The others I've had a little over a month. They aren't jumpy. Well, I have one that prefers the back glass and tends to hide from me... but, he was the one that jumped and tried to get out of the cage!

Charlotte, my escapee of last night, is still pouting. She came out to eat and then turned her back to me and won't turn around. She's my interactive one but she's mad at me. Oh well. I'm mad at her, too!

Thread Information