Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New D. tinctorius "Azureus"

clownonfire

Default Re: New D. tinctorius "Azureus"

Quote Originally Posted by Grrrit View Post

I must find a compromise, and get all of them. It seems fair to me.

lol i agree, eric. very cool looking frogs. and what a lucky kid to have some for his bday. im very jealous
    my tincs should be here tomorrow! im so excited. and i'll have to pick up some batteries and update everyone on what i've been working on.[/QUOTE]

Garrett, I'M really looking forward to seeing yours. I know you moved and worked your buttocks on your tanks...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Grrrit

Thanks man. We've been busy settling in and stuff. And batteries were kind of the last thing we were worried about getting. Lol the camera will be up and ready tomorrow. My room is a disaster though haha my tanks and supplies are all over the floor until I get my rack. What can ya do

guppygal

Darts are my personal frog of choice, so I had to look up Atelopus hoogmoedi to figure out what it was. It's actually a cool looking frog - the patterns are wild. I'm thinking that amidst dried leaves, the frog would be very well camouflaged.
    You'll probably end up like the rest of the pdf hobbyists and have a room dedicated just for frogchow, supplies, and lots of vivariums. There is something very mysterious and exciting when you tell people that you raise ''Poison Dart Frogs'. It's definitely an ice-breaker ~
    You're right - the body shape is a bit different between your male and female. And then it will be the toe pads; after that, it's calling (nearly inaudible) and courting. Such a neat frog, yes they are.

kristi

clownonfire

Quote Originally Posted by guppygal View Post
    Darts are my personal frog of choice, so I had to look up Atelopus hoogmoedi to figure out what it was. It's actually a cool looking frog - the patterns are wild. I'm thinking that amidst dried leaves, the frog would be very well camouflaged.
    You'll probably end up like the rest of the pdf hobbyists and have a room dedicated just for frogchow, supplies, and lots of vivariums. There is something very mysterious and exciting when you tell people that you raise ''Poison Dart Frogs'. It's definitely an ice-breaker ~
    You're right - the body shape is a bit different between your male and female. And then it will be the toe pads; after that, it's calling (nearly inaudible) and courting. Such a neat frog, yes they are.

kristi
    The Atelopus hoogmoedi are quite something. They are slow, and sometime act as small lizard, enjoying basking on large rocks under lamps. To see them hunt after FF is a pleasure.

As for the frog room, yes, we finished ours two months ago, and revamped it this week. We still have our tree frogs outside as their display are located in an area where we have less traffic during daytime. I'm almost at full capacity, if I take in consideration the orange and mint terribs which will be coming within the next year, and my current project, the Scaphiophryne gottlebei (this is such a great project, involving hobbyists of different boards and in collaboration with TWI).

Kristi, I haven't officially greeted you, but it's great to have you with us.

Eric

guppygal

So you are already knee-deep in frogs, huh? Heheheh, yeah, I crack myself up sometimes. They're an addiction, alright.

Thankya kindly for the warm welcome. If it hadn't been for Cheri, I would've thought I was all alone in the pdf world. Other forums aren't so respectful of their members.

I'm very, VERY happy to be here.

kristi

Grrrit

So I seen today what you meant about the tincs climbing all over the place lol

bshmerlie

See...now you too will see why darts are so addicting.

Grrrit

Indeed I'm getting 4 alanis next friday. Road trip to josh's frogs!

bshmerlie

Ahhh yes....you are hooked. . Im glad to see people try other types of frogs. They really dont know what they're missing. Although I still like my tree frogs. My next frogs will be glass frogs from Understory, whenever they release them.

Grrrit

Mike novy is working with a glass frog. Of some sort. He showed me some pictures at the last show. I believe it was a type of glass frog anyway. Super transparent skin.

But yea, I may have joined the dart side lol

clownonfire

Mike novy is working with a glass frog. Of some sort. He showed me some pictures at the last show. I believe it was a type of glass frog anyway. Super transparent skin.

H. fleischmanni? H. aueroguttatum? Teratohyla spinosa?? H. valerio? UE is working with the latter...

guppygal

OMG, another DartVader !!

Careful, Leuc Flystalker may be lurking around...

Leefrogs

congrats Eric!! I love the large spots on yours. Very nice. I didn't know it would. Be next year before you get the mints. Hhmmmmm, I don't know if I can wait that long. I'll try to buy some vents and hold off until yours breed. Maybe I'll get 3 then 2/3 from u later.

clownonfire

Quote Originally Posted by Leefrogs View Post
    congrats Eric!! I love the large spots on yours. Very nice. I didn't know it would. Be next year before you get the mints. Hhmmmmm, I don't know if I can wait that long. I'll try to buy some vents and hold off until yours breed. Maybe I'll get 3 then 2/3 from u later.
    Lee, my vents are breeding like crazy. I have tads now, and if all goes well, I should have some for you soon.... AS for the terribs, yes, it's a work in progress. There's a line I want and I'll move forward when I make sure they are from there...

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Awesome looking frogs Eric, I bet Theo is so excited to have his very own pair.

I still need to get started on Darts, I really cannot WAIT until I get my first ones, whatever they may be,
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea
    --------------------------------------
    "The gallows are no place for the stubborn//Just you and your lover as a dark souvenir" - Bad Books, Pytor

Nationality
    [Ireland]

They are so bright they look like New Rivers.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

clownonfire

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    They are so bright they look like New Rivers.
    John, I'm curious now to see pics of both. I'll google some, but if you do have some example to show me, it would be appreciated. I have read that beside the darker blue on their legs, New River morph has unusual patterns like on the pic attached (courtesy of http://www.pawsforwildlife.co.uk/).

Kristi, are you working with both?

Eric

bshmerlie

Yeah I would also be curious to see both side by side. I've heard that it can be hard to tell with some and you just have to take the breeders word for it. Is that true or is there a for sure way to tell? I might just have to get me some of those.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by clownonfire View Post
    John, I'm curious now to see pics of both. I'll google some, but if you do have some example to show me, it would be appreciated.
    Take a look in my album, I have shots of both.

Nationality
    [United States]

Having looked at your album I can see immediately see the difference!
    1.2.0 Dendrobates tinctorius 'Azureus'
    1.1.0 Dendrobates Lamasi 'Orange'
    1.1.0 Dendrobates Ventrimaculatus 'Understory Line'
    0.3.0 Dendrobates leucomelas

--------------------------------------------------
    As always your mileage may vary!
    I may or may not know what I'm talking about!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information