Thread: Thoughts on this as a suitable tank for use

Methos75

Default Thoughts on this as a suitable tank for use

Alright, going to make the plunge and get one, looking at the Hi red Ornates from Phib Phab since my GF wants one as well as a gift and while scoping out Petco for a tank I spotted this.

Amazon.com: PETCO Bookshelf Freshwater Fish Aquarium: Kitchen & Dining

What are thoughts on it as a tank, bad, good, so so. The only real issue is that I could not put a screen on it, but I am thinking that humidity wise that could be a good thing. Thoughts.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Tony

Default Re: Thoughts on this as a suitable tank for use

You're paying a premium for unneeded features like the built in filter, and plastic scratches very easily. Is there a reason you don't want a standard glass tank?

Methos75

No reason, they were just the same price and this gives the guy an extra 4 inches of space

Nationality
    [United States]

That seems like a lot to be paying for such a small tank, probably because of the extra stuff added in for fish. I just bought a 25 gal cheaper than that. It would help with the humidity, but I know bunches of people who use screen tops and have no problem keeping their frogs happy and healthy.
    Haha... As for the extra space, be prepared for your frog to choose a corner and refuse to move until food becomes available jk/jk! My Trevor used to have one corner that never really left, but recently, I've been making these little mounds of tilled up coco fiber in the corners of his tank. He really seems to like it and will move to the new ones as I make them.

I guess what I'm getting at is that your frog probably won't care enough about the extra space for you to bother with paying for all the extra cha-cha that comes with the fish tank.

frogmike

Yeah, you're just paying for the setup. The wrong setup! Its not a fish dude!

tukmol

i would agree, price might be too much for the pac.

if you like plastic housings, try to find some insect or rhino beetle enclosures. they're really cheap, even the large ones.

that's what i use with my pacman frog.

This forum is about animals I love to read about animals I also have pet at my home that was much beautiful. I follow the article name ukessays.com review it has all treatments about the diseases that was found on animals.

Thread Information