Thread: How quickly do African Dwarf Frogs grow?

WaterFrog

Default How quickly do African Dwarf Frogs grow?

Hello,

These are my first frogs, a couple of African Dwarf Frogs. I know there is never a definite answer but generally, how quickly do they grow? I have one that is a bit smaller than the other but both are small. I know they stay quite small but the smaller one is about half of an inch snout to tail....maybe a little over. Assuming they will grow a little more, how long will that generally take? Just wondering, Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

1buscemi

Default Re: How quickly do African Dwarf Frogs grow?

Hi, I have 2 ADF's myself and I absolutely love them!!! I have had them since November and they have not grown, they're still the same size. My female is a little smaller than my male froggy. I thought the same thing about them growing also a while back, but they haven't.

Do you have any pictures?!?! I'd love to see them! My pictures are under the thread
    " my ADF's Zig and Zag"

WaterFrog

Hi, I just got mine Monday so I haven't had them long yet. Great photos, your frogs are adorable.... they seem bigger or more mature than mine but it could just be the pictures. Do you know about how big yours are from their nose to their tail?

My camera broke so I don't have any pictures on the computer yet. My brother is letting me use his camera today though so I will try to get some to share.

1buscemi

Congrats on your froggies!!! I can't wait to see pictures. My larger one is about 2 inches and the smaller one is a little smaller than that. They're pretty tiny! I used to feed them twice a week and when I put them in the larger tank I stared feeding them three times a week. They're still the same size.

WaterFrog

Sorry for your losses.

Mine are smaller then that but it seems like they have already grown a little. Iv found it fairly hard to get good photos of them being so small and active but I tried..these are the same one though. the bigger one.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

1buscemi

They are so cute!!! I love them!!! I noticed you have sand on the bottom of the tank, how do they like it?? It looks soft against their skin.

WaterFrog

They seem to really enjoy it and enjoy swimming and ''walking'' all around. If they want to go under a leaf or something that is close to the ground it's no trouble for them to maneuver in without any worry. A while ago I switched all my tanks over to different sands (had gravel previously). Been extremely happy with it. I need to keep taking photos and work on getting some clearer ones if I can keep using my bros camera. One of the frogs has taken to crawling all over my largest marimo ball and laying on it, too cute! I have all live plants too, they seem to enjoy them as well.

Thread Information