Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A good example of a bad pacman owner?

kmcconch

Default A good example of a bad pacman owner?

YouTube - ‪Richard's Pacman Frog vs rat‬‏

I'm all for feeding my pyxie a mouse or two, but for some reason this video disturbed me of a group of kids trying to feed a rat to a pacman that was about the same size.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Fae

That is horrible. They must not care about their Pacman too much

demeteraurion

Default Re: A good example of a bad pacman owner?

I watch a lot of pacman vids on Youtube and most of them are mice being eating by Pacmans which is horrible because mice aren't good food for them and its bad because of above :/ I always try to find some of Pacmans eating crickets or worms but its mostly rats and mice

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Its not that mice/rats are a BAD food source, they just should not be fed frequently. For example, its ok and, depending on the drink you have, good for you to have a drink once in a while. However, that does not mean that it is healthy to drink everyday... that will kill you. Same can be said with these frogs and mice, its all in moderation, no more than once a month.

I am NOT defending this video though, that is WAY too big for that frog and it is clearly not being taken care of properly... Not to mention that since the frog wasnt big enough to kill the rat, it suffered for far longer than it had to and for absolutely nothing.

This is why i try to feed frozen/thawed whenever i can...

Nationality
    [Sweden]

I don't like live feedings of rats and mice at all. It seems like it's for the owners watching pleasure and not for the frog. Especially with frogs like this that would eat a rock if you held it infront of them.

If you "must" feed rodents to your frog I can't see why you don't feed pre-killed.

demeteraurion

Quote Originally Posted by Raya View Post
    I don't like live feedings of rats and mice at all. It seems like it's for the owners watching pleasure and not for the frog. Especially with frogs like this that would eat a rock if you held it infront of them.

If you "must" feed rodents to your frog I can't see why you don't feed pre-killed.
    I don't think I could ever feed mice or rats to my frog D: I might try a pinkie sometime in the future though. I used to own rats as pets so I'd prefer to use just insects lol

pyxieBob

A comment comes to mind abt someone we know when I see this video.. BUT I will keep my mouth shut. Yes this is so stupid. That Pac Man does not have the jaw pressure for a meal that size less the belly size! are you kidding me??? This person is an idiot. Poor frogger. Like Iv said before if you want to see stuff like this get a snake. They dont eat bugs they eat rodents.

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

What an entirely un-nessicary video ... sadly i doubt he ever even intended to feed the frog in the first place, he just wanted to see what could happen. Which just resulted in two animals being in more stress than they needed too. I appreciate that one of the allures of Pac's are their eating habits and also belive they shouldnt be stuck to a restricted diet like Bruce said - it's good for them to have some variety.

But that just speaks of an owner who's doing everything for their own amusement - ignoring the fact his frog chould choke, or get injured by the fighting rat. And obviously had no regard for the prey itself. In my opinion any good owner who feeds live prey should considerate of both animals.

I fail to see what he was laughing at.

Baelari

Poor frog. I wish people would take better care of their pets.

Nationality
    [United States]

Frozen/Thawed is far more humane than live, but some frogs wont take prey that isnt moving. I'm only doing it since my pacman is growing, but when he is fully grown, i wont be doing it so often (1 every 2-4 months at that point...)

Its mostly to offer variety in their diet. You would be kind of foolish to think that they dont eat mice and such in the wild, however, you would also be foolish to think they NEED to. A pacman can live a full, healthy, and happy life without seeing a single mouse ever.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

That is sad. That little rat was so adorable, I'm not against feeding pac's live animals totally, but the suffering of these two animals was totally unnecessary when you could have given the pac a much smaller one and made everything go a lot faster, you would have to be a sociopath to find that kind of suffering funny. I couldn't finish watching it so I have no idea what happens in the end, I don't think I want to know.
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"

Nationality
    [United States]

Unhappy Re: A good example of a bad pacman owner?

That is ****ed up even my female is big i wouldnt dare give my pacs anything that could almost kill them i hate to see videos i dont like that he was trying to give the pac the rat once he spit it out hope it takes better care of his pac and DONt Try to feed your pac anything bigger then the pac is .

Malachi

Please flag that video as inappropriate (animal abuse) kmcconch you are exactly right this is a very bad owner (maybe a bad person in general). This is not a feeding video, its a twisted torture video.

Nationality
    [United States]

wow i am shocked at that video,that is animal abuse. like u siad its fine feeding your frog a mouse and what not but not one thats bigger then your frog or same size.

Nationality
    [United States]

i feel so sad for that poor rat and pacman...since the mouse is bigger it didnt die but got badly injured.

Nationality
    [United States]

That's just sick.. I hate people like that because they just provide ammo for all the people who think anyone feeding anything live prey is a monster. My pac won't take anything f/t, and I have a snake too, so I know how necessary it can be. Probably the ones I hate the most are the vids where people have something like that and put music to it.

artes

I didn't even watch it. That's just sick and twisted. Pacman frogs are not eating shows, they're companions. Rats are also companions. I do feed Toadstool the very occasional frozen pinkie mouse (like, every couple of months), but I make sure it could fit in his mouth with one gulp. I would never risk harming Toadstool, and I certainly wouldn't harm a rat. Heck, I've spent over 1000$ combined on my rat's vet bills.

Some people really, really suck.

Nationality
    [New Zealand]

Totally disgusted..I cant believe their reactions..they actually enjoyed doing that with no feeling/respect at all for both their Pacman or the mouse/rat.

Eel Noob

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Please flag that video as inappropriate (animal abuse) kmcconch you are exactly right this is a very bad owner (maybe a bad person in general). This is not a feeding video, its a twisted torture video.

flagged.

DogRetepCow

What a terrible and inconsiderate pet owner. That's just cruel for both animals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information