Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A good example of a bad pacman owner?

kmcconch

Default Re: A good example of a bad pacman owner?

From my studies in psychology, I would recommend the owner as a candidate to develop anti-social personality disorder.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

nicodimus22

Speaking as someone who has owned pet rats, pet toads, and pet snakes, this is disgusting and pointless. It's cruel/dangerous to both animals and serves no purpose. When I fed my snake live mice (usually went with frozen, but couldn't always) they died very quickly and more importantly, the snake was designed and equipped to kill and eat them.

Sprout

God, that's awful, couldn't watch the whole thing. They should feel ashamed !

frogmike

Jesus! that was amazing! I see nothing wrong with doing this once every few months under observation of someone who can prevent any injuries if things get out of hand. I would definitely stick to mice for a frog that size. That has to be a world record or something, and now that its done, don't do it again! There are few vids of insect feedings cuz that is like u eating fruit or a salad. rodents are the pacman's stake. Not an every day food, and this was like a 72oz!

frogmike

If you don't think that a pacman frog should ever have any small rodent to eat, then you are the bad owner. u prolly wouldn't let your dog have any table scraps either. pacs r happy to have a real meal once in a while. You just have to be responsible with it. have tongs ready to pull its head away if it attempts to bight the frog, and choose an appropriate size meal for the frog. (like an half to 3quarter grown mouse)

nicodimus22

Quote Originally Posted by frogmike View Post
    Jesus! that was amazing! I see nothing wrong with doing this once every few months under observation of someone who can prevent any injuries if things get out of hand. I would definitely stick to mice for a frog that size. That has to be a world record or something, and now that its done, don't do it again! There are few vids of insect feedings cuz that is like u eating fruit or a salad. rodents are the pacman's stake. Not an every day food, and this was like a 72oz!

If you don't think that a pacman frog should ever have any small rodent to eat, then you are the bad owner. u prolly wouldn't let your dog have any table scraps either. pacs r happy to have a real meal once in a while. You just have to be responsible with it. have tongs ready to pull its head away if it attempts to bight the frog, and choose an appropriate size meal for the frog. (like an half to 3quarter grown mouse)

I don't think anyone is upset that he was feeding his pacman a rodent, but rather that he gave it something that is obviously far too large for it to swallow, needlessly risking injury to his pet, and needless cruelty to the rat since it was just thrown in there to be killed in a brutal way, and never eaten. It's pretty much just done for his own amusement, with no upside for either animal, and plenty of risks.

And by the way, I call B.S. on guarding your frog with tongs. A scared/injured rodent can bite hard and fast. There's no way you're going to prevent a bite with tongs, the best you could do is try to pry it off after the damage was already done. Frogs are not snakes. They don't have the same thick skin and body design to safely kill live rodents, and as such are much more at risk for injury from bites. I don't see why you couldn't feed frozen if you really cared about your pet. All you have to do is wiggle it a little to get the frog to eat it.

LizardMama

When I was doing research on Pacman Frogs I looked at vids on Youtube and came across many vids like that one. The people who fed that Pacman that rat should be ashamed of themselves, common sense would tell even an in-experienced owner to not feed something that big to an animal that size. I flagged the video as inappropriate and abusive.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Bringing this one back just to let you guys know that video was removed. Marking it inappropriate did work this time!
    Remember to take care of the enclosure and it will take care of your frog !​

Nationality
    [United States]

sadly this is seen way to often with Pacmans. The owner has a complete disregard for the frogs life and obviosly didn't care for the rat since it was given as a food item of way inappropriat size. These two poor animals deserved better. Definetly needs to be flagged.

Nationality
    [United States]

That is great and any more like it should be dealt with the same way.

Nationality
    [United States]

My frog will not eat frozen/thawed mice. When I try he just starts breathing rapidly or hops away. I have fed him many live, adult mice and have never had a problem with bites; I guess he's talented at grabbing them by the head. The whole notion that feeding horned frogs mice is bad is false, and they can even be used as a staple food in adult frogs. Where people go wrong is the frequency. Since mice are so much more dense than invertebrates you need to space out the feedings. If you feed your frog an adult mouse you don't need to feed it for another two or three weeks. I gained this information from a herpetologist on kingsnake.com. I have been feeding my frog primarily mice since he became an adult in 2005 and he is approaching 8 years old now and is still healthy as can be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information