Thread: Hello everyone

stealth

Default Hello everyone

Hi,I'm new here,but froglover all my life! Mostly Treefrogs in the past,but by chance a friend got divorced,which would have meant 4 xenopus males(although I didnt know that yet)down the drain()or just released.
    Of course I took them,they are NOW healthy,a bit to fat,but they love baby crickets,sundried tubifex and red mosquitolarvae(last 2 from JBL,I'm not risking infections through live food like fish or live tubifex).A tip to all waterfroglovers,but especially xenop. Ger yourself some "Lymozyme"or "Koizyme"(nearly same),follow dosage dir.closely and your frogs are safe from Red Leg or Balloondisease.I had to take a crashcourse in the net,cause xenopus I never had before.
    Any more xeno-friends out there who want to share their experience?I am gratefull for all tipps,so feel free to write!
    Best Regards,
    Stealth
    p.s. I live in Vienna,Austria

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Hello everyone

Hi Stealth and welcome to the forum . I dont own xenopus but there are many members who do. Great to have you here.

3. This member thanks Ebony for this post:

Kurt

Welcome aboard.

5. This member thanks Kurt for this post:

stealth

Thank you very much,Ebony! Is there a xenopus"underforum" on here?Ashamed I must admit that I'm not good at comp.Born in 68 may be a little excuse,but any help is usefull and GREATLY appreciated!!! I see there are many Dartfrogfans here,interesting little hoppers! I never had any,since they cost round 600-800Euros here. I read that they stop producing venom,even in wild catches,after 1generation in terrarium(excuse any spelling errors,please).I can only imagine that that is due to no stress in terr.environment.In the wild,crawling round in the jungle-bottom leaflayers,prob.makes them meet a foe every 20 hops.Theoretically(I wouldnt advise this),stressing them lightly but continuously with a straw,etc.should bring them back to producing venom,if someone is interested in that.Would some "old School"(or at least one)xenopus-keepers get in touch with me? I wish you all happy,healthy frogs,nice to see that this gravely endangered animals have a "lobby"!! Best Regards, Stealth

Fae

Welcome

stealth

Hi Fae,
    WOW,great pics,allow me a dumbo ?,are these their real colors?? If yes,what kind and where can I get them???? Also anyone selling young pair of Silurana(xenopus) tropicalis,please give note! Do most of you go for the more exotic kinds(I understand that),or does the "normal"American Treefrog(white stripe on side,these were and are sold cheap here,sadly!)still have its fans?So must be easy to breed.Any Advice?
    Best Regards,Stealth

Fae

Are you talking about the pink tree frog? It was photoshopped. The real frog is the green one, and I just turned him pink because I like pink!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Welcome to the forum Stealth!!
    2.0.3 Hyla versicolor "Eastern Gray Tree Frogs"
    2.2.0 Agalychnis callidryas "Red Eyed Tree Frogs"

0.0.3 Dendrobates auratus "Turquoise and Bronze"
    0.0.1 Anaxyrus fowleri "Fowler's Toad"

stealth

Thanks to all of you saying welcome,Amy,Fae,nice Avatars!!!! So it isnt really pink,still a very nice froggie!!! You breed them? Difficult? People,not only am I pc-savvy,but on the last forum(restricted to germany)there were 4pics of peoples tanks,a few outdated posts and that was it!
    I'm overhelmed by the profesionacy in Intern./American forums,I mean just look at the pics!!!!
    GLAD TO BE HERE!
    Stealth

Thread Information