Thread: Vertical Terrariums

DogRetepCow

Default Vertical Terrariums

http://www.petsolutions.com/storefro...sticTerrariums&

I have the Zoo Med Naturalistic Terrarium as shown abve. I have the 12''x12''x18'' setup for my American Green Tree Frog. The tallest terrarium they make is the 18"x 18"x24'' setup. Does anyone know if they make larger/taller vertical cages than the 18"x18"24" cage? Or is that when one has to custom build something or put a front door on a horizontal cage? And a question about that: Would that not be suitable for tree frogs? I say that because then the top of the cage would be all glass with no open ventillation that the zoo med naturalistic terrarium cages have on the top. Is it suitable to house tree frogs with a glass lid, or will that kill them? Is it only dart frogs that can handle that?

Also, how many American Green Tree frogs could the 18"x18"x24" cage hold (if that is indeed the tallest vertical cage available on the market). I'm thinking three? four?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Tony

Default Re: Vertical Terrariums

Exo Terra offers 36" tall versions of some of their terrariums. I have had my colony of 14 Pacific chorus frogs in an 18x18x24 for about two years now and they have thrived, though I will probably move them to a larger custom terrarium soon. I would expect that greens would be perfectly content under the same conditions.

As for vert kits, they could work but I would suggest a larger vent than what is commonly included in the kits aimed at dart frogs.

DogRetepCow

Thanks, do you have any idea how many greens I could keep in a 18"x18"x24" setup?

clownonfire

That's roughly a 33-gallon tank, right? If you go with the 5-gallon for 1 frog rule, than 6.... But I much prefer the 10-gallon for 1 frog rule, which would make it 3 frogs...But Tony is the expert (I think the more space you give your frogs, the happier they will be)... You should take his word.

Thread Information