Thread: African Dwarf Frogs won't eat pellets

jragenl

Default African Dwarf Frogs won't eat pellets

Hello,

I have 3 African Dwarf Frogs in a 10 gallon tank. I put my HBH Frog and Tadpole bites on a saucer plate so then the pellets won't get stuck in between the gravel. However, the frogs would just bite at it and spit it back out. After that, they won't pay mind to it anymore. They ONLY eat frozen bloodworms. Any suggestions on how to get them to eat the pellets?

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

TommyBoi

Default Re: African Dwarf Frogs won't eat pellets

I dont know if this will help you, but, when my laevis tads were newly metamorphed froglets, I "spoiled" them with nothing, but frozen bloodworms for a good couple weeks or so...And when i first put the frog pellets in there, they would grab at them at first, then spit them out, eagerly awaiting the bloodworms.
    So, when the bloodworms stopped coming regularly (I ONLY feed them as a supplemental snack 1-2 times a week now), they gradually got more & more ok with the pellets...because when they get really hungry, they wont be as picky, when its the ONLY food offered to them. It took my froglets about 5 days or so to fully get used to, and willingly chow down on the pellets. Now, they cant get enough of the pellets!!!! I posted a clip of them in a feeding frenzy from last nite (in my post of "First froglets emerging...")

4. This member thanks TommyBoi for this post:

jragenl

Hey TommyBoi,

Thanks for helping. I'll surely give that a try. :-D

frogdance

When I first got my frogs, I only had pellets as food. I didn't get any dried bloodworms until almost a year later. I usually put the pellets in the water and assumed they would eat them when they wanted. I watched a few times and they did the same thing -- spit them out. But that was the only thing I was feeding them and they are alive and well , so I assumed they must be eating them at some point... I actually don't think I have ever seen them eat anything. I do know that I have put the pellets on a dish and later I go look and they are gone. I think they eat them...

Thread Information