Thread: Cleaning mold

Dizzl

Exclamation Cleaning mold

Ok so I saw a post on this a few weeks ago, but can not seem to find it. I am having some mold issues in my terrarium. mostly on wood. I think I remember seeing in the post to use a vinegar water solution and spray it on the wood!? I also have some small patches like one or two, on the substrate. One of the post said that the mold on the substrate will cycle through. I think I may of seen some thing about distilled water also to get rid of mold. The wood piece that it is on can not be removed. So will the vinegar solution harm the frogs at all? And what are the proper steps to getting rid of the mold? I do not have springtails yet but will be getting some soon. Also I am just a little slow in the head, what is distilled water? lol.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Baelari

Default Re: Cleaning mold

I don't know about mold cleaning, but this thread has a nice description of the different kinds of water. http://www.frogforum.net/vivarium-te...hing-else.html Scroll down a little to John's post.

Eric Walker

the mold even on the wood should "cycle" and take care of its self. other than that springs are the best way if you have frogs allready in there. mold is not that big of an issue. I might be worried about it if its in a viv that is houseing low humidity loveing frogs since that would be a sign of things being to wet for the frogs. What kind of frogs are you keeping in this one?

Dizzl

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Walker View Post
    the mold even on the wood should "cycle" and take care of its self. other than that springs are the best way if you have frogs allready in there. mold is not that big of an issue. I might be worried about it if its in a viv that is houseing low humidity loveing frogs since that would be a sign of things being to wet for the frogs. What kind of frogs are you keeping in this one?
    This terrarium is a 50/50 set up with American green tree frogs. The humidity right now as we speak is at 72%, which is about average.

Eric Walker

with the water portion I myself would not use vinegar for fear of it getting in there. Maby try and pull the frogs temporarily and use a blowdryer to dry out the mold directly. Im not sure if it would work but that would be a good start.

Thread Information