Thread: Need help with dart frog humidity

Jared

Question Need help with dart frog humidity

Hello my names jared and i was wondering what i could use maybe for a relay for turning on a fogger for 15 mins then turning it off for 15 and keep doining that continuously or maybe come on once a hour. because if i was to leave it on the fogger would tear up leaving it on always plus make the humidity to high for the frogs can stand. Anyone no a product that can make the power go on and off like this?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

into

Default Re: Need help with dart frog humidity

What about an outlet timer?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Chris has nailed it. Although a regular timer for lights will not last long given the start up current draw on a fogger pump. I suggest the appliance timers of the same type. Plug it in, plug your fogger into that, set the timing tabs and forget it! Just do not forget to include your drip loop in the power cord!
    Watching FrogTV because it is better when someone else has to maintain the enclosure!

Jared

hmm yeah i seen some light timer outlets but it has like 21 setting u can use during the day but none that would relay/repeat every 15 mins though do you no what a good one is lik a brand name or where i could get something like that?

Nationality
    [United States]

A lawn sprinkler timer would do what you require, however they are pricey and require quite a bit of electrical knowledge to wire up safely.

I believe Exo terra makes a short increment timer for their products also.
    Watching FrogTV because it is better when someone else has to maintain the enclosure!

Jared

Red face Re: Need help with dart frog humidity

oh yeah idk much bout electricity id end up killin myself haha Im gonna use a repti fogger sense what ive read is one of the best foggers n you can get a hydrometer or whatever its called but its seprate and cost out the butt 80 bucks i was just trying to find a cheaper product so it wont cost alot because setting up a new dart frog tank is so expensive.... so much i didn't no you had to have to i recently looked into it. But anyways back on subject does exo terra or zilla or anything make a timer relay thing? or another option maybe thanks for your input

Nationality
    [United States]

They do, that is what I was referring to in the previous post. In fact I saw a few different versions at PetCo just a week back.

Jared

oh! i think i found one its a wave semulator still cost! but still cheaper then that meter i look for it somewher else maybe its cheaper thank you!

sepgundamrg

Look for the zoomed/coralife power strip with analog time on it. I have one and use it on a one of my aquariums. I don't recommend their digital timer for this purpose(also have one and use on an aquarium) as you cant set it to turn on/off every 15 minutes unless you use the wave maker setting.

Jared

Yeah I found somthing n that's a good idea thank you I decided just to get a habba mister it's cheaper n has a timed setting built in

Thread Information