I have two white's tree frogs. The time before last I changed the water in their bowls and noticed that there were tiny reddish worms swimming in the water. The tank is a vivarium with lots of wood and live plants and usually I just pour enough water into the bowls to flush out the old water and dirt, etc into the soil where it waters the plants and seems to act like fertilizer for them. It has always seemed like a good mini ecosystem. Then one of the largest plants outgrew the tank and I had to remove it. Now if I pour water into the bowls and just let it run over the tank gets too wet. So I started taking out the bowls and dumping them in the sink and then pouring in new water. This is how I found the worms. I cleaned everything very well with hot water, and decided to change the water sooner than I usually do. Then I found a new set of worms with this past cleaning also. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm not sure if they are coming from the frogs or maybe the crickets? The frogs seem to be healthy although they are very shy and always hiding. They croak like crazy at night or when there is a loud sound. They are more brown in color than my last tree frog who I had for many years and was much more green and would often sit out in the open on top of a rock.. Any ideas? I'm worried it might mean that one or both frogs are ill.