Thread: Mossy Tree Frog - Eye problem

Default Mossy Tree Frog - Eye problem

I have had a Mossy Tree frog for about a month and a half. The last day it has developed an eye problem where the right eye bulges out an inch and having a yellow and clear color to it. I have not found anything on this problem so I was wondering if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Eric Walker

Default Re: Mossy Tree Frog - Eye problem

T. corticale seem to be prone to bacterial eye infections. They will swell a bit when it happens but an inch seems to be a bit much.

any way you could post a picture? i have treated them in the past with mine and they cleared up in about 2 weeks completely

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1.../sickfrog2.jpg

This is the closest thing I could find that resembles my frogs problem. It's just mine is a little yellowish.

Eric Walker

that looks like a prime example of bacterial eye infection. Is yours that solid cloudy allready. Mine never qot that cloudy, I allways cought it early on. sometimes they will develope a bit of goop around the outside rim of the eye as well although I have never seen it show a yellow color. How old are the frogs, did you get them as froglets or are they older? bacterial eye infections come from a lack of airflow and stagnant conditions. poor water quality is another culprit. So I am assuming that it really isnt bulgeing out quite an inch, and maby that is just a bit of exageration?

It's actually bulging out. I wish I had a picture for it. It extends a half a inch or so more then the other eye out of his head. The frog was matured when I bought him. I am thinking your right about the water quality. I just recentally added a pretty big water section to my tank about a week or so ago and that must of some how gave him an infection. How would I go about treating this then? Thank you for your help by the way.

Eric Walker

I just meant that an inch sounded a bit much. I beleave you that it is bulgeing, mine did as well. if you just added the water a week ago I dont think it would have fouled enought to cause it that fast. these things take a bit longer than that to become obvious and if it is as cloudy as that picture something has been wrong for a bit now.

Im sending you a pm now with a bit of info on how I have treated them in the past.

KiwiSugar

hi cryptibynature, can u add in thread what u did to treat yr frog

Thread Information