I am no expert and I always research before acquiring a new friend. However, I mix my species after making sure they will be compatible, especially with the habitat needs. Right now I have two hearty species together, the Whites tree frog and Peacock. I have three Whites and now only one Peocock. My oldest Peocock died about six months ago. I had her for five years. She was an adult when I got her.
I also combined my drogs with walking tiger leg tree frogs. Unfortunately, one escaped and it's partner died of a broken heart soon after that, and even sadder, I found the escapee in my laundry room, but I was too late.
Finally, I put two Cuban tree frogs in the vivarium to find out they were not a good mix. Honestly I bought the frogs impulsively and shortly found out my other frogs did not like them. They climbed up high in the habitat and did not come down until they were out. I also found out that the Cuban frogs needed an slightly wetter and warmer environment. Needless to say, this did not work out, lesson learned.
Now I always research and my friend who is a biologist told me to quarantine my new frogs for at least a month before placing them in my vivarium with other frogs and after doing so, watch the frogs closely for the next few weeks as needed.





Reply With Quote
