Thread: Hi! I'm new! Need help with "smell"!!

Akai Ika

Default Hi! I'm new! Need help with "smell"!!

So I recently got a pacman frog a few months ago, and I love him(her?)! but my parents are saying that it stinks(like literally smells bad)! WTF! I literally put my face to my frogs tank and took a big ol' whiff and... JUST THE SMELL OF ECO EARTH! Not even that strong of an odor! NOT EVEN AN ODOR! lol, so anyways, how can I get rid of this "smell" besides opening the window? cause apparently that's hella not helping.

Leefrogs

Default Re: Hi! I'm new! Need help with "smell"!!

welcome to the forum!!

Aaahh city people don't like the smell of dirt?!?!
    Don't let them spray airfreshners in the room with the frog. Dangerous

clownonfire

Quote Originally Posted by Akai Ika View Post
    So I recently got a pacman frog a few months ago, and I love him(her?)! but my parents are saying that it stinks(like literally smells bad)! Whites Tree Frog! I literally put my face to my frogs tank and took a big ol' whiff and... JUST THE SMELL OF ECO EARTH! Not even that strong of an odor! NOT EVEN AN ODOR! lol, so anyways, how can I get rid of this "smell" besides opening the window? cause apparently that's hella not helping.
    My son always says after I build a new viv: It smells like nature! And it does. Earth will smell like earth. Of course, it will be less and less pungent with the weeks. I'm guessing too that by the higher humidity of a pacman frog, the smell is even stronger.

Cleaning your tank will help if it's not the fresh smell of nature we are talking about it. Choosing different substrates too, one in which your pacman can still burrow in, but has less of a smell than eco earth. You can cover your earth with coco husk, etc... And have good aeration in your room....

There's a smell to frogs as there are smells to dogs... Good luck with it,

Eric

bshmerlie

Just make sure your cleaning out any poop. They have really large poops and that smells bad.

clownonfire

Quote Originally Posted by bshmerlie View Post
    Just make sure your cleaning out any poop. They have really large poops and that smells bad.
    HAHA. You said poop.

bshmerlie

I was gonna say something else but there may be children present. And yeah there is something about pacman frogs they do smell more and its not earth Im smelling.

Baelari

My pacman doesn't smell yet, and I like the way eco earth smells . I like the way potting soil smells too, but I like plants. Crickets smell terrible to me, though. Maybe they're smelling the crickets?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Baelari View Post
    My pacman doesn't smell yet, and I like the way eco earth smells . I like the way potting soil smells too, but I like plants. Crickets smell terrible to me, though. Maybe they're smelling the crickets?
    The crickets are my issue, YUCK. Frog cage hasnt ever been stinky, but I clean her poo out daily.

BG

I have no smell from the frogs but the poop stinks like poop so you clean it up open your window does help a bit dogs smell cats smell my amazon parrot stinks if you don't clean the cage. the answer is preventive maintenance.

ARMS87

welcome

Thread Information