Thread: Hi my name is Larry and im an amphibaholic

froggystyle

Default Hi my name is Larry and im an amphibaholic

2 years ago I bought a tank at a yard sale for 5 bucks and now I'm an amphibian aholic and my wife says I spend to much on tree frogs and bumblebee toads. I have two habitats setup my kids love spending time watching the tanks and I think that is so much better than TV. I am really interested in breeding the bumble bee toads thanks to this frog forum. I hope I get to know some cool people and learn more about amphibians fromm this website and most of all SAVE THE FROGS!

Leefrogs

Default Re: Hi my name is Larry and im an amphibaholic

hi Larry. Welcome to the forum.
    And I think I'm a frogaholic too, I came here for help.............
    But it just keeps getting worse!!! Lol

bshmerlie

Hi Larry welcome to the forum. It is a very addicting hobby. I've kept fish and other various pets over the years but nothing has quite taken over my house like frogs. And you tell a non frog person that and they look at you rather strange.

Nationality
    [United States]

Hey Larry, welcome to the forums!! Although, i do not have any frogs yet i am also feeling the frog fever! I'm currently building my first vivarium and i have the next 2 planned out! Hopefully this does not become a problem =P

clownonfire

Hi Larry and welcome to Frog Forum!!

Have you read Seth Doty's excellent article Care Article: Bumble Bee Walking Toad - Melanophryniscus stelzneri (Weyenbergh, 1875) - Care and Breeding?

Eric

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Hi there Larry and welcome to the forum. Great to have you. Don't worry about being a amphibaholic, we are all in the same boat here. Of course some have it worse than others. Some have so many frogs that they have now started building enclosures in there closets and there is one member that has even used their shower. .

froggystyle

All of a sudden I realize the benefits of a shower with a sliding glass door lol. Okay Mabey this isn't a good place to get over an addiction lol. Yes Eric Seth's post about breeding toads is pretty much why I joined. I'm watching my toads closely as they adapt to their new habitat before I try triggering their hormones. I have 4 it appears to be 2 female 2 males I'm guessing based on size and behavior. I made am interesting setup with bonsai trees and a variety of plants. Today I purchaced the ingredients for making a fruit fly colony from my local discount store. the fly jar I got from PETCO gets overcrowdedd daily so I want to replicate it if I can. I also got a rain system and a timer in the works but I'm not in a rush to incorporate all this stuff as I want the toads to adjust comfortably. I think they are happy so ill be initiating their froggy style environment very soon. Anyone know If its true that bumble bee toads are wild caught? This makes me sad and want to captive breed mine. They are so calm and friendly I assumed they were captive regardless thiss is an amazing species for sure. I will upload pics when I can with this phone I'm using.

Thread Information